Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Seeing November

If I had pastels in shades of grey,
These are the colours I’d give the day.

If I had crayons of the deepest white,
I'd save these all for the moonlit night.

If I had pencils in sepia brown,
Herein this manner I'd forge the town.

If I had paints of watery blue,
I'd sweep the sky from within this hue.

If I had pens in monochrome fill,
It's these I'd wash across every hill.

If I had brushes of satin sheen gold,
I'd stain bleak meadows to reflect its cold.

If I had charcoal in black like pitch,
Their tips I'd sharpen to shade my niche.

Alas it's purely my own mind's eye,
In my head alone do these tinctures lie.





6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, it's a grey month, only relieved by the brush strokes of vivid russet, gold and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, pretty grey here too...now all the leaves have fallen.
    Can't wait for spring! Lol

    Have a super weekend, Dale.:))

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful poem, and I love the photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments!
    November is that in between month...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your revised version, Dale. Your words paint the picture perfectly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. well written poem with beautiful photo.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete