Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April Fools


Yesterday morning the valley awoke to eight inches of snow on the ground and it was falling so thick and fast that I could not see across the road to the creek.
I had to dig out my van so I could drive to work on the icy and treacherous roads.
On Sunday we were skiing in plus ten degrees C in the sunshine wearing only our shirtsleeves!
Yesterday I wore my heavy jacket and big Sorels to work!
My boss played hooky from work yesterday afternoon in order to hit the slopes.
I had hoped I could go skiing, but she beat me to it!
This morning she called me at home as I was getting the kids ready to go out the door to school.
She said the skiing was awesome yesterday and half the town was up there taking advantage of the freshies - and it would be even better today in the sunshine!
My response was something along the lines of "So you're going skiing again today?"
Her answer to that was "No - you are!"
Apparently everyone on my husband's crew at work is going skiing today, too.
That includes my husband.
So, off we go - April fools that we are!

13 comments:

  1. YAY!!..dale gets to go skiing again..yippee!!..hope it was fun..
    remember in the words of PT..
    "we don't get fooled again"..
    so enjoy while you can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm off to bed now..this nanour geddon lark is tiring..
    make the most of the snow it's probably the last this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby photo Dale! Love the daffs in the snow! Stunning indeed...so glad you got to ski again...maybe this will be your last weekend before the spring really comes around ;-)

    I get the impression you'll be glad of it, even though the skiing will be over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything that extends the ski season is a good thing for you, no?

    We're dipping below zero in two days. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy - there's no trusting the seasons this time of year.
    Nite Nite

    Val - I thought the daffodils made a nice contrast, as they were sitting on my kitchen table.

    Anne-Marie - there are 2 more weeks of skiing at our local resort. It hasn't extended the season, just made the end of the season all that much better.

    I skied like crap today - still not quite on top of my game after being sick.
    I was struggling a bit in the hip-deep powder in the back bowl.
    Still fun Yahoo!

    As the saying goes here in the mountains...
    "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it'll change..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. that picture would make a lovely easter card..
    chantal is coming home today..i passed on your hug..x..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't believe what I came home west to... and was convinced it was your doing! LOL! And to think the day before in Ottawa we wandered aroung the Market in tee-shirts, with me dreaming of green grass starting at home...
    Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This only proves that dreams can come thru. As Stevie points out - all the skiing is gone in Ontario. However, it's supposed to snow this Easter Week-end.

    Now tell me, what's wrong with this picture? A green Christmas and a snowy Easter!

    Bah, we live with an unpredictable climate.

    Glad you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of you when I heard of the snowy weather up your way. Enjoy the snow. We are just now getting the cold blast from the same storm. Below freezing temps in April in North Carolina is rare. I had to cover Tortellini up again. Hope it is short lived here, anyway.


    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful postcard picture. How was the skiing?

    Happy Easter to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dale pics are now added if you want to click the pink pics :) link on my post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dale,

    What a great boss you have!! I guess one ski bum understands the needs of another ski bum :)

    Happy Easter to you and your family - hopefully you will have a wonderful long weekend on the slopes!

    ReplyDelete