Friday, January 04, 2008

Catch Up Tag

I'm so far behind that I think I'm ahead...
And, I might add, it's been quite nice being out of computer range over the past few weeks.
I've just now ventured back for a quick peak, and it's also quite nice reading everyones' Holiday Greetings and Wishes.
Thank You all very much!

So, I reach back and Tag...

1. My favourite gift as a child - a brand, new pair of leather lace-up ski boots (with an inner boot, no less) at the age of seven. I spent the entire day wearing them, all the while tromping and clomping about the house...go figure.

2. My best gift as an adult - being able to enjoy the Christmas Season with the same zest and zeal as I did as a youngster!

3. The gift I always wished for was a horse. Every year I would ask Santa Claus for an equine friend, even in my adult years. But then, maybe I did get that wish vicariously. After all, Red will be twenty-nine this spring!

4. My favourite part about Christmas dinner is the great company, wonderful food and warmth by the fire - I know that's three things, but together they make for a magical meal!

5. As far as movies go, it's The Nightmare Before Christmas - hands down! The music is superb.

6. Shameful indulgence? Hot Monte Christo's before noon!

8 comments:

  1. Happiest of happy new years Dale!!! So nice to see you back again, even if just for a sneak peek.

    Love your list, and laughed about wearing the ski boots all day. Isn't it funny how these things made such a deep impression on us as kids?

    I agree with you about the Christmas dinner magic, and am glad you got Red eventually. Any coincidence there in his name? No subliminal connections to Santa by any chance? ;-)

    Hope your life is restful and rich this year, dear Dale xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale,

    good list. I wish you the best of everything in the New Year. Truly.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now then Dale, is this a late chrimbo message, or a V early chrimbo message for 2008??..

    You indulged in The Count of Monte Christo!?, MY-MY!..
    Lol..Happy Newun to you..xx..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dale,

    Great list. Funny, the ski boot thing doesn't surprise me at all. lol

    And Christmas dinner with family and great food is magical.

    I love Nightmare Before Christmas too! Is Tim Burton inspired or what?!

    Have a wonderful 2008...after your 2007 nobody deserves it more.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Tim Burton is amazing :o)

    Happy New Year to you too, Dale. I'm out of the loop ... what's a Monte Cristo? A drink?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy!
    Just checking in after my forced upon absence from blogging. I've missed you and hope you are doing well.
    hugs & wuv-
    cherylann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dale, I have been informed by the blogdum police that this post is seriously breaching blogdum guidelines...

    It is dangerously out of date, so therefor you will be punished forthwith..

    Hmmm-thinks of a suitable punishment?..

    ReplyDelete