Saturday, November 15, 2008

Who I Am

Here 'Tis and Welcome!
I was born In The City at a time when My Generation was that of the post-war baby boomer.
For some reason that I Can't Explain, my Daddy Rolling Stone and my Mum, Barbara Anne, decided to name me Dale (and not Call Me Lightning).
Because of my name, everyone assumes I'm A Boy.
But, I have a Girl's Eyes and I can never think back to When I Was A Boy.
Maybe I was supposed to be a Substitute for Little Billy, but I've always had a Faith In Something Bigger, even though sometimes I Don't Even Know Myself.
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, my life has been a Pure and Easy Success Story with a touch of Heaven and Hell thrown in.
It's Hard at times, However Much I Booze, but no matter how many Disguises I've worn, I Can See For Miles because I view The Real Me from Behind Blue Eyes.
I Dig horses and Dogs 2.
I've always wanted a Tattoo.
And a Jaguar.
When I was a child, I longed to attend Tommy's Holiday Camp, but my folks enrolled me at a holiday camp where I got the Summertime Blues and felt So Sad About Us because some of my friends Drowned in the Water.
Everyone said Cry If You Want, but One Life's Enough and, even though I've Known No War, this made me think of How Many Friends I've had.
As a teen, Dreaming From The Waist helped me Imagine A Man wearing Blue, Red and Grey.
My friends, They Were All In Love, but to me, it was just a Trick Of The Light and I kept thinking Don't Let Go The Coat.
When I did leave the Eminence Front, I thought, "I've Had Enough!" and I felt like a Helpless Dancer floundering on the Sea And The Sand.
Did I end up with the Dirty Jobs? You Better You Better You Bet!
I discovered Now I'm A Farmer.
To the Naked Eye my life was a Postcard, but I felt that it was La La La Lies.
But, I wasn't to be left Out In The Street and, even though I thought it was Much Too Much and The Good's Gone, I made a Bargain with myself and decided to Glow Girl!
I met a Whiskey Man.
We had an Instant Party.
My Wife, he said.
I Need You. Please Please Please. Don't Look Away. See My Way.
Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting).
A Quick One While He's Away.
Tell me It's Not True!
It's a Legal Matter now.
The Song Is Over - and I hope The Kids Are Alright.
My life was in Fragments and I felt like the Unholy Trinity, where I'm The Face in the Mirror Door asking, "Who Are You?".
I saw a Fortune Teller who told me to Put The Money Down before she said Too Much Of Anything, then went on to say that I have been on an Amazing Journey where I have been The Seeker In The Ether and that Love Ain't For Keepin'.
Now is the time to Join Together, Pick Up The Peace, Cut My Hair, Smash The Mirror, and light my life on Fire!
I'm Free.
It could be Dangerous, but I'll take the days One At A Time, all the while knowing I'm One, A Man Is A Man, and for The Last Time, I Won't Get Fooled Again.
Occasionally, when I feel the Melancholia return, I Don't Mind - I just think of the beautiful Sunrise and Relax.

The kids are alright.
He wears blue, red and grey.
And I glow, girl!

12 comments:

  1. Oh excellent Dale!! This is a brilliant encapsulation of your life in song...what's in a name, they ask? Well, everything from the Val(e)s to the Dales....lol....and I'm a Believer in you and your talent. Well done Dale, I'm going to go back and read it all again.

    By the way, just recently a friend of ours who is an obsessive Stones fan had his 60th birthday and I wrote him a birthday letter using only titles from Stones songs...great minds think alike....or is it the other one? hee hee xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncertain Girl ... God Only Knows what we'd be without you!

    :o)

    Excellent job! Time for some Tea and Theatre and a lovely rest. :o)

    I LOVED it!

    xo Tink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Dale, that's really excellent! It reminded me of that woman ...ooh, what was it? ... something like a PhD or sociology experiment where she is speaking only in song titles (was it song titles?) for a year. Something like that anyway. Or were you channelling her? I am so out of touch.

    I can add nothing edifying; I just made myself a toasted "leftovers" sandwich that was so full of feta cheese, caramelized onions, spinach, tomato and roasted red peppers that all I am fit to contribute is Waltz for a Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Val! I had so much fun doing it. Eugene could hear me laughing all the way from the other side of the house!
    Great minds... ;)

    Yes, Tink. Tea and Theatre it is, right now. Or rather, milk and TV...

    Margie!!! Great to see you again. I never heard about that woman - song titles for a year? Wow, she must have been "well versed"...
    Waltz For a Pig! lol
    Yes, if I could move right now after my Chinese food splurge, I'd be able to contribute the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. niiice whoisms! Dale. You go girl!

    I like this post. I posted a comment on my blog for you comment :) Go animals and those who save and love them.

    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went back Jack, to do it again....wheels turnin round and round...

    Great minds indeed...it's a little bit me, a little bit you....talk about our generation.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who are you, who, who? ;) (I really want to know)

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!
    Abso-fecking-lutely outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Grace!
    And, Val, we are alike in many ways, I am finding out - blame it on our generation...
    Anne-Marie, this is the real me!
    LOL, Hans. How's your hand?
    Well, Lesley, apparently I have more than enough words to go round!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pete will be impressed by this recycling of his useful materials. I'll tell him to go see your post. He'll know practically all about you. Clever post, Dale!

    ReplyDelete