Friday, June 01, 2007

Balance

It looks like another clear, hot day in the mountains!

The sun is creeping over the crest of the Rockies to the east, and its rays are beginning to filter through the trees brightening up my kitchen.
Due to a long, cold spring, there is still a fair amount of snow resting upon the peaks and lying in the folds of the valleys.

I mentioned in a previous post, the car dealership I have been working for these past thirteen years is closing its doors...
As a result, I am starting a new business of my own and I already have two clients!
The nature of my business is Bookkeeping/Recreation where I will take on doing the books for individuals or businesses as well as teaching skiing - and, conceivably, horseback riding.

With a bit of time and dedication, the opportunities appear endless.

This evening, after work, I am going mountain biking for the first time this season.
I would have been out earlier, but I have been rather preoccupied and haven't had the time - nor maybe the inclination.

I am creating a new equilibrium in my life and I hope I am taking steps in the right direction...

I certainly don't want to fall off my bike.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun riding!

    I'm glad to see you pooling all of your wonderful talents and skills into money making ventures. Good luck my dear!

    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha!

    It's too hot to ride...we're going boating instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new business venture and any other adventures you're embarking on.

    It's hot and thundery here- July is here early!

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dale, boating insteda of mountain biking doesn't sound like a bad option to me ;-)

    All my best wishes and thoughts go with you for your new venture, Dale. I'm so glad you are investing in your own future. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Action Woman! While you're out riding or boating in hot sun, I'm sitting here with a fire burning in the grate and toying with the idea of going to get a heavier pullover on. I like the contrast - it gives me a nice sense of the big world out there.

    I hope your new ventures go wonderfully well. It really does sound as though you have found a balance between things you must do and things you want to do. Strength and happiness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news on the new venture, more power to you..
    I fell off my hand built bike once, remember the one with a stuffed cap for a seat?..I was showing off trying to lift the front wheel as i rode and the handlebars detatched and i came a cropper, splattered on the ground with bike parts all over the road and me!. The front wheel rolling franticly out of control into an on coming car!!..
    Happy days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll buy you some training wheels Dale, made of rainbows, and you'll never ever fall off!
    And good on you for your new ventures! I'll tell everyone I know about them all!
    xxx

    ps

    you can add master s'more maker to the list...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey congratulation and good luck with your new business!

    ReplyDelete