Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Take a deep breath,

be prepared and keep my fingers crossed..."
That is what I'm doing today.

This afternoon I have an initial telephone interview for the career opportunity of my dreams.
For good fortune's sake, I will not go into details, but I will say that the position involves something I love, as well as my accounting skills - not to mention a suberb salary with lots of perks!

As I indicated in an earlier post, the business where I have been working for during the past thirteen years is in the process of closing down. I am still employed there on a contract basis, but my hours have been cut severely and I am struggling to make ends meet.

My resume has been updated, cover letters written and I have been winding up to pound the pavement. Of course, I will not settle for any job, as I am a trained, experienced and dedicated worker, therefore quite employable. (Wow, listen to me tell you how great I am...).

This position means very much to me so, Friends, wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Let us know the result as soon as you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping everything crossed for you..and sending lots of good luck vibes your way..
    go get em girl!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positivity (is that a word?) coming your way..........
    mmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmm
    can ya feel it:)
    no really, sending my vibes too!
    best of luck to you darlin', let us know how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending vibes westernly. Oh, and my trip has been approved so I think you and me will be eating turkey or whatever in October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dale, fingers, toes and eyes all crossed for you! I'm getting funny looks, but I'll gladly brave them for your sake.

    Be confident, be yourself, and they won't be able to resist you, not even if the next candidate is the boss' favourite niece as well as being a Rhodes Scholar and the owner of some very dodgy negatives which could be produced as leverage in an emergency.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Dale!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.


    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone - interview done.

    Now the wait...I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you much luck! You must be on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck!!

    I'm currently in the hospital 2 days after my c-section to deliver a 7 lbs 13 oz, 21 inch long beautiful baby girl! Once I get home, I'll post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Dale, memumz wishes yoo loads ov luv an lix fer yor noo job. she'z still a bit bizzy wiv Mo an craigus an that, but she'z finkin of yoo lots...luv an lix an cuddles too sindybin xxx

    ReplyDelete