Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ghost in My Mind

1. How old do you think you'll be when you die?
Much much older.

2. How will you die?
Not very carefully.

3. What will your last words be?
I should have been more careful...

4. What will your epitaph read?
"She hadn’t a care in the world."

5. Any parts of your body you wouldn't donate?
Yes.

6. What song will be played at your funeral?
"I Am An Animal".

7. Cremated, buried or "other"?
"A love born once, must soon be born again.
A spark that burned and died,
Leaving cinders to be fanned by the wind and thrown to flame.
Flames, like tongues, impassioned in a moment’s burst…"

8. If you could take one thing with you to the "next life", what would it be?
My sense of humour. Oh, and yes, my sketch book and a pencil - no eraser. (I know that's more than one...)

9. If you could take one person with you, whether they like it or not, who would it be?
Red.

10. Supposing they existed, do you think you'd end up in heaven or hell?
The suburbs.

11. If you could haunt any one place, where would it be?
My Grandma’s old farmhouse.

12. If you could haunt any one person, who would it be?
Eugene, are you there?

13. What type of ghost would you be?
Wispy – like mist on a zephyr.

14. You've been given the chance to send one message back to the land of the living. What does it say?
I’d do it all over again!!

19 comments:

  1. The suburbs are hell!

    I love the imagery of your wispy ghost.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tend to think of the burbs as purgatory

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burbs....nooooooooo!

    I see them as living death.

    Love your person to take with you! Very fitting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes very good!
    I love your cremation poem..
    I hope Eugene is not afraid of ghosts!..

    I'm pleased you didn't pick Highway to hell by AC/DC..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale, you're absolutely right when you say that being in your own space is the most wonderful thing, and you will be there again, believe me.

    Just so you know, I don't live in the burbs. Because my mother insisted we have a French-language education, we spent our high school years commuting to a suburban French high school and that experience was enough to cement in me the idea to never live in them. Small towns, the city, or even out in the country, yes. The suburbs? Never. I am ten minutes from the downtown area now, but nicely in the city, five minutes from the beach and the lake. You know me and that water thing...

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never live in the suburbs.
    Give me the country, a small town or the city - but never burbatory!!

    AM, there is a sense of community even in the city with each neighbourhood, corner store and local spot to hang out.
    Burbatory lacks all that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gypsy, the poem is PT's "People Hurting People" song/poem from All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gypsy, I'm staying away from that highway - it's too close as it is, right now.
    I can feel the heat...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thingong Dale..
    So thats why Angus wears those shorts!..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I chucked at Red and Grandma's old farmhouse. Aunt Dot had the opportunity to visit the place and said that it hardly resembles the lovely structure in our memories anymore - so that is probably another reason why it would be good to haunt it.

    Oh and yes .... the burbs are hell and somehow I think that Eugene would learn to love ghosts if your scenario were to actually play out.

    Love Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right you rude lot I'm sulking now. If the 'burbs are hell I'm well and truly dead already! I live in leafy and incredibly respectable Glen Iris, one of the dullest and most conservative suburbs of Melbourne. It's about 20 minutes by car out of the CBD. Lots of parks, gardens and terribly nice shops and schools, and nowhere to buy an emergency souvlaki or sit down to a meal after 10pm. (I measure civilisation by how late you can eat out). So I'm officially dead boring.

    Just before I disappear back into the Black Hole though - Dale, that's a brilliant song / poem, isn't it? Has always pushed my buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol - I typed chucked when I meant chuckled! egad

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah, good ones Dale. Have to post mine.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. With apologies to Margie, I agree with all of you about the burbs. It's either right in or right out for me. Right now, I'm right in!

    I like your wispy ghost too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The suburbs are my idea of something in between - neither heaven nor hell.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe that's why iot's not too bad here Dale - when you're in limbo mode, your head's upside down and things always look a little more interesting than they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ..."I should have been more careful"

    lol!

    ReplyDelete