Friday, October 09, 2009

It Wasn't Me!





As a rule, I don't begin praying fervently for snow until the end of November. Therefore, I cannot take the blame for the snowstorm mother nature set upon us last evening. Dusk brought a wind howling down from the north that quickly dipped the thermometer below freezing and dashed thick snowflakes against the window pane. Within minutes two or three inches of snow had blanketed every exposed surface. The storm let up as rapidly as it descended, leaving everyone surprised and shivering in its frosty wake.

If you enlarge the top frame it gives you a good idea...

8 comments:

  1. Oh...are you sure you weren't secretly pining for snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol String!
    That there pile of wood is pine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. The pictures alone make me shudder.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots more, if you want to see them, Anne-Marie... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Dale, we all believe you! You've been talking winter for days now. What was that about splitting and stacking logs? I for one am not ready for winter yet, so You can keep your snowy wastes over there...pleeeease???

    PS Even I have to admit it's kinda pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humm, reminds me (sort of) of the thanksgiving I shared with you two years ago when it was snowing where you were, but 27 degrees here. However, I say sort of because ... while it is snowing where you are - we are getting highs of 10 and 11 here - not the beloved 27 that we all love at this time of year.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful, fresh fallen snow. Hope you had a fire going :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow! Yeah! Send me some!
    Just kidding...:)
    My landmark over here is my birthday towards the end of October. Every second year or so we will have the first real winterstorms here with a lot of snow then.
    Last night the thermometer dropped down to -7 centigrades but the weather is crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete