Wednesday, October 14, 2009

this morning ...

Bobby had a choice - either bring a load of firewood inside or shovel the walk...



This is the backlash from the storm Grace was experiencing on her wild, northwest coast. The winds off the Pacific are blowing north and the edge of the disturbance is dumping snow farther inland - right on top of us!
This morning Bobby and Jenny could not wait to get out and frolic in the white.
Tucker took one look and did a quick one-eighty back to the house.
The roads are treacherous, with black ice and drivers who have yet to adjust their habits for the poor conditions.
Gene cannot work today, as the shell of the house he is building is under almost four inches of snow.
I am home with Tnu and Jack - a warm fire is radiating from the grate.

5 comments:

  1. It's just as well they love it too isn't it Dale? I'd be scurrying back inside with Tucker. That fire definitely sounds much more like it for me! Isn't the snow a bit early this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better you have it than me. In a single word .... yuck.

    And yes Val, this is way too early for snow! Where I live it usually only begins to accumulate like this in December when we cross our fingers for a white christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking on the snow on our eastern behalf. :) I wore sandals to work today, although that wasn't actually too bright once I realised it was 1C at 7am at the bus stop.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy it really packed a punch by the time it got to you. Must have been your cold temps as it brought snow to you. Guess I ought to keep you up on our weather so you know what is headed your way?! lol
    We've just got wind and overcast skies now. The air is cold tonite.
    I think I'd almost bring in the firewood, shoveled way too much snow in my younger years!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dale! Here I was complaining about the cold October (averaging 48 degrees.) We could be having snow! Good job shoveling, Bobby!

    ReplyDelete