Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lessons

I am grieving for many things right now.I grieve for Beth...She is moving to Victoria on Vancouver Island over Georgia Strait across from the city of Vancouver. Over the sea...She will be staying with a good friend of ours. Remembert the family we took in last year who lived in our camper in the backyard? They will be returning the favour. There is no place I'd rather her go to.Beth needs to get away and begin living her own life - far from the drugs and alcohol that run rampant through the group of "friends" she was hanging with.
I grieve for Bobby and Jenny...They saw the result of the damage - both the physical and the emotional. It was their home, too.Like I did, they left for a lovely weekend, only to return to shambles.Poor wee Jenny's bed is broken and her dresser is smashed, along with some of her china and glass birthday gifts.At least they are with their Dad for now.
I grieve for my own life now gone...My home has always been my castle and my refuge. My pride and my comfort.I don't even have a home now.
But just maybe...Something can be learned and somthing can be gained from all the sadness.George and I are now on better communication terms.
Beth is moving ahead with her life - as she should now. I will be selling my half of the house to George, so I can ultimately buy my own home. Bobby and Jenny will still be able to retun to their home and George is planning on fixing the damage and making improvements at the same time. Something that I was not able to do. There is a long road ahead for all of us. We have the opportunity to choose how we travel upon that road. I am still in the process of moving. It is difficult for me to be in the house, but it has to be done. I have moved most of the larger items of furniture. Today I will be packing my kitchen and both bathrooms. Tomorrow I will clean and make the house as comfortable as possible for Bobby, Jenny and George to return on the weekend. Once the house is prepared, I will perform a cleansing of the bad so the good may return. Juniper and sage.

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for your loses Dale..specially Beth going away. Hopefully this will be a new chapter for her and a brave step to take on all concerned.
    I never thought i'd see the day that I would leave my previous home because I loved it so and over the years put a lot of love and care into it..but (like yours)it remained in the family and its Chantal Darren and Harveys home now, it's had new life breathed into it. A house becomes a home because of the love and care 'you' put into it and now i'm happy in my new flat because it represented a new start for me and one day soon you will have your own place and it will be filled with 'you' and you will be happy again..I PROMISE!..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale, what devastation to your life and your soul. I can well imagine how terrible this period has been for you. And the heartbreak of it too. I so hope that Beth going away will be the start of a healing process for you all, and for her too, for the wreck of your home reflects a wreckage in her own life.

    As Gypsy says, though, a new home awaits you that will be yours completely and utterly. Your children will heal with time and the love you can give them, and so will you. May this be the real new beginning for you, and that you will find the contentment and peace you so deserve. Bug hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dale, I am sending you positive, good thoughts your way. I hope life settles down and looks up for you

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale,
    new beginnings are all about hope.I wish you all the most gentle of transitions- better terms with George is a silver lining, and your daughter going to a better place too.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dale! What a mess. Hang in there, hon. You'll be fine and Beth will be okay and so will Bobby and Jenny.

    Letting Beth go is the right thing to do. I know how hard it is.

    You'll find a new home and make it your own soon. These past months have been so hard for you...and you so deserve to get past the bad and back to good...

    Take care and keep looking for the silver lining :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear about these hard times! I hope you get through it OK! I wish you, Beth, and your whole family good luck!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dale,

    I am so sorry for the things that are going on in your life right now. I feel for you in regards to Beth going away. My son moved away to Sweden 2 years ago and I miss him terribly. But it is for her own good and she will grow from this. In return you will know you've done the right thing in letting her go. That is what mothers are suppose to do.
    I wish you the best and remember that I am here to give you encouragement and love. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Take care of yourself Dale.
    XO
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. keep walking sweetheart... keep walking steady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, Dale, I missed you last 2 posts! I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your house. This is truly a difficult time for you, and you are in my thoughts. With Beth going away, maybe this will give you both the time to begin healing. Hugs to you Dale - I wish I could wave a Harry Potter wand and mend you house back together again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you still Dale. Watch out for the postman. Something to cheer you is on its way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Dale-
    I am so sorry for your losses.
    I will pray that the darkness lifts soon.
    It has for me, so I know this too shall pass.
    Take good care, please.
    Love,
    Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dale, I have only just seen your last posts, and can't express the sadness I feel at what you have gone through. To see your determination to take the positive from this is just so inspiring.

    I wish Beth well and hope she finds the change of environment a catalyst for change and growth in herself. For you I wish nothing but happiness, security and love, and for both of you I wish for a time when the hurt is in the past and only the love remains.

    Take care.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  14. O Dale, I am so sorry for you... How absolutely awful! Wish you all the best...
    And I am convinced that some day Beth will come to understand what she's done, and she will return to you and to your love for her. Big Hug, Noces

    ReplyDelete