Saturday, September 29, 2007

Reflections


Thank You!
Each and every one of you are so incredibly sweet, caring and, not to forget, wise.
I am feeling better each day.
There are lessons to be learned from this, although I am sure not all have revealed themselves yet.
Time will tell many things - as well as heal our souls.
For that I am glad.
I remain with Gene at his home.
I have a space to store my belongings and a place to surround myself with some of my special treasures.
He has been patient, kind and loving through all these trials.
For all that I am glad.
Beth is here, too.
She needs to be with family, but she also needs to know she did something unacceptable.
Many people have spoken with her and I believe she is slowly realising the depth of it all.
For that I am glad.
I miss Bobby and Jenny very much, as they are still with their dad.
They will be there until I am settled - whichever way that is possible for me.
Their father has offered to buy my portion of the house and he, as a carpenter by trade, will fix it up and do what he wishes with the place.
For that I am glad.
My sister will be arriving from Toronto next Friday evening and the kids are coming to stay with us for a few days.
It's nice to have something to look forward to.
For that I am also glad.
Although my immediate family is slightly scattered for the moment, and my extended family is spread from one end of the globe to the other, Family endures.
We love and support each other despite the miles that sunder us.
For that I am always glad.
Although stricken from my home, I still have access to a computer.
I have been able to continue to compose my thoughts and use words to comfort me.
For me, the written word is a friend, whether I do the writing or the reading.
For that I continue to be glad.
At Christmas my entire Family will gather.
Beth, Bobby, Jenny and I are flying to Montreal, where Mum and Dad will meet us and we will drive to the family home on the shores of our lake in the Laurentian Mountains.
The place of my roots.
For that I am glad.
My brother and his sons, my sister, and my other brother with his wife and children from Australia will be there, too.
We will be spending several days over the Holidays at a cosy country auberge near Mont Tremblant.
Our leisure time will be occupied by world class skiing
dogsledding over the hills
roasting marshmallows over a towering bonfire
feasting on Holiday fare
sleigh rides winding through the trees
skating on the pond
lounging before a cosy fire in the sitting room
and sleeping beneath feather downs as the stars pulse through the cold outside our window.
For that I am glad.
We have our health.
We have our wisdom.
We have our aptitude.
We have our friends.
We have our love.
For that I am glad.

Next weekend we celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada.

31 comments:

  1. Dale:

    I see things are starting to come together after that mess. Great news! I know things are not really "great", but it sure sounds a whole lot better than it did!

    --Dan L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dale,

    You sound more grounded and able to look at your blessings. I'm proud of you. You're right, family and love endures. Your daughter will need a lot of help, and please don't forget to make sure you lean on others and get help, too. It's been a traumatic time.

    Hugs,
    Brina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a marvel, Dale. This is such a positive affirmation of all that you have to be thankful for, but not many people would be able to see that so clearly after what you've been through.

    I'm so glad that you have things to look forward to as well. Even better, Lesley will be with you soon and I know for sure there is nothing like having a sister by you. Mine is the person I would want most to be near in such times, and Lesley is such a warm generous soul that I'm sure she will bring you some much needed 'home comfort'. I think of you every day, Dale. Huddles galore xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale,
    it is always darkest before the dawn, and I can see the dawn in the lines you've written here.

    It's great to read that you've got much to be thankful for. Continued good wishes to you and your family. I'm sure Lesley's presence there next week will be great comfort- she's a sweet soul.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale,

    Hang in there & always keep a positive thought.

    In the end you will become a much stronger person.

    The human spirit can overcome all adversity.

    Best of Luck to You!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day at a time.. healing takes it's place.

    ::Hugs::
    ~Lace~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dale, What has been Beth's reaction to all of this? What was her side of the story? Was there remorse? Is she and her "friends" going to contribute to the restoration with their time, money and work? Just curious as to what her take is on all of this. Is she deflecting blame? Is she takign responsibility? Is it causing her to question the direction her life is heading? Anything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dale, you are truly, utterly brilliant. This post really shows the incredible depth of love, compassion and goodness in you. Awe-inspiring.

    I am glad Beth is with you - it sounds as if the process of healing, contrition and the slow rebuilding of trust is in place.

    Much love and best wishes to you, and may you enjoy all your family reunions to the fullest.

    Oh - and a big "mwa" to Gene for being so supportive. What a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dale,

    In this post you sound so much better, it will continue to get better too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dale,

    Wow. You're definitely on the right track!

    Love and hugs,
    Rache

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dale-
    So glad you are feeling better. Good thing your (ex) is a carpenter!

    You are from the Laurentians? Oh wow- I went white water rafting on the Rouge River about 20 years ago. It was seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. I would love to go back and visit that area again.

    Take care. I wish you and your family happiness and peace.
    Stay positive!!!

    Love,
    Suexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dale,

    I had some blogging issues, but have sorted them out. I wanted to tell you I am thinking of you. I miss talking to you.

    Hang tough girlfriend.

    Love,
    Johanna
    oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dale, I love your text but the picture told me everything instantly: a life turned upside down still expresses calm, strength and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dale,

    Hope you feel better. The time is running for you and if I read your post I thought you will get a better autumn.

    If I was young (long time ago)Ha, ha! I had such a party too, but I could stop all before the end was the same as in your house. There were a lot of friends and suddenly more people I never saw comming to my party. They were drunken and all this fucking stuff. In Germay we say "Alles läuft aus dem Ruder". Here is the translation: All is running out of oar. The luck was, very late I had no more alcohol and they all leave the party.

    Yes I know some about Bono's name.
    He had a friend called Derek Rowen (Guggi)and he gave him the name Bono Vox. This was comming from the shop Bonavox Hearing Aids in the O'Connell Street in Dublin. The word is coming from latin and the meaning is "good voice".

    Now I have a look at Charly and Konstantin, because they must go to bed now. Charly was very shocked, as I told her about your madness.

    Here is my shout to you.

    Love
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent Dale, such good news! Glad to hear you are doing better...you have an extended blog family! We are all fortunate to have had the internet to hook up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you have Beth with you Dale..keep her close..
    Peace and balance will return once more.. ((((Huddles))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dale,
    BIG HUGS::: to you. How's Beth doing out there? How you feeling today?

    Some good news that might cheer you:

    Pete has a NEW official blog! Yes!

    http://petewho.thewho.com

    xo Tink

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dale
    I am going to come and find you this week come hell or high water. Tell Gene I adore him for being there for you, and I adore you as well. You are in inspiration, darling girl, you really are. I have been struggling with talking to Beth, but fear I would be far too harsh. Maybe that would not be bad thing, but I don't want to make things worse.
    I'll see you very soon. And I love you.
    xxoo
    stevie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you, Dale. Is Beth talking to someone who can help? I hope you aren't carrying the whole load. As Stevie says, bless Gene for being there. He must be a good and strong man.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend..
    ALL of you..x..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a wonderful Thankgiving with all your family and friends - being surrounded by loved ones will lift your spirit even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hoping Thanksgiving weekend is peaceful and healing. Hugs to Lesley who has to give hugs to you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. In case you're off and away for this Thanksgiving, I'll wish you a lovely, warm weekend with loved ones. Different seasons, changing environment, unfamiliar places to get to know and love. Thankful for Dale and blogger pals.

    :o)

    xo Tink

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a warm hearted thanksgiving!
    luv & hugs
    cherylann

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's Sunday here so I imagine you're in full swing Dale. Many, many good wishes to you all.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Thanksgiving Dale. How is everything going?

    thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. See that, Dale. something good did come from a tragedy, your ex is gonna buy your half and leave you free to be with Gene whcih is probably where you should have been all along! Things have a way of working themselves out for the better even if we can't see through the hurt at that specific moment.
    I am glad for you. Beautiful photo too!

    Keep your chin up!

    -Lin

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi dale!

    It is good to see that things are on the upswing. I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving Holiday.

    XO
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Dale, how are you? The video clip on my blog is 'Dead Flowers", sorry, I should have labeled that.

    take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely photo, Dale. It reminds me of that Escher etching: the goldfish, the leaves and the bare trees.

    ReplyDelete