Thursday, November 08, 2007

Skiing for the Holy Grail



If there is anything as elusive as the Holy Grail, it's the alpine ski racer's dream to be at the top of the podium while proudly sporting a gold medal.
If not that, at least the dream of being draped with a silver or a bronze...
This year's Women's World Cup Slalom and Giant Slalom is being hosted by Panorama Mountain Village - my home ski resort.
I am a course crew volunteer and, in preparation for the races, I will be on my skis next weekend, and again the following weekend for the actual World Cup race event itself.
WoooHooo!


6 comments:

  1. That is very cool, actually positively cold. Here I am hoping I can use my sandals just one more time before December...

    I think it's quite exciting that you get so close to the sport you love.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Dale is heading to her promised land!
    Good for you Sale! Have waaay too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale,

    I see, your skiing season is starting. I stopped my skiing some years ago. It's very expensive and we must drive very long to go to Austria or Swizerland. Here we have mostly no snow. The global warming, I think. If I was a child (ha,ha long time ago) we had a lot of snow every winter.

    Take care
    Love from Germany
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dale! Go have fun!!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be a lot of work...

    Hauling gates, netting, ice drills, hammers and setting up all sorts of equipment on the hill.

    Not to mention slipping the course.
    That's hard on the legs, as we have to side-slip slowly through the gates to keep the surface smooth and bump-free between racers.

    We'll be working in the dark of the early morning till after darkness settles in the evening.
    We have to bring headlamps!

    But it WILL be exciting!

    And Jenny's school class will be singing at the actual event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Dale. YOUR holy grail for sure. What a quest. Is that you in those stunning photos?

    ReplyDelete