Wednesday, January 04, 2006

HAPPY AT WORK

There was supposed to be a photo with this post.
I uploaded it two times and it appeared to do so with no errors. It just hasn't shown up. I wonder where it went...
Maybe it's on Rachel's blog. Ha Ha!

I woke up this morning with a cold, a headache and a lovely sinus infection. I have to go to work today, as it is not only month-end, but year-end, as well.

This is in response to Rachel's post the other day.


I am one of those who do love my work. It is a simple accounting position, but a thorough knowledge of automotive parts and repair is a definite prerequisite.

I love the flexibility of the job and the people I work with are like family.
I have been employed at my job for twelve years now, so I rather think I am like a fixture there.
My "bosses" are understanding and they all know well the pressures of raising a family. If there is ever a need for time off to take care of matters of the home, they are very willing to accommodate.
We all get along well and if there is ever any need to resolve a problem, everyone works together.
As well, my hours may change at a moments notice, but that is just another facet of the job that I like. My life is a busy one, so that flexibility fits in nicely.
I always know that I am appreciated at work and that is a very important thing to know in order to keep doing a good job!

Thanks, Guys!







8 comments:

  1. Hi Dale,

    I'm really happy for you that you enjoy your job so much and you have such understanding co-workers and bosses. That's so hard to find! I guess I haven't been too lucky in my career, as I'm still searching for a job I don't completely hate (not that I mind work at all - just bad luck with cheap and/or greedy companies), but my time will come. :)

    I hope you are feeling better! *hugs* I've been lucky not to catch any cold or flu yet this season...knock on wood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale
    We're back from Belgium!
    Happy New Year to you and your family and thanks for your good wishes.
    A special hi to your husband; he has an understanding of what these old things are about and why people want to keep them as monuments.
    Love to you all there in Canada, home of (a.o.)
    - Kate & Anna McGarrigle (who are from near Montreal)
    - Leonard Cohen
    - Joni Mitchell
    - The Band
    and so many other brilliant musicians
    and also ofg my brother, who lives in Kitchener, Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to school with either Kate or Anna McGarrigle's 2 children ( I always get their mother mixed up with her sister!). They are from my town and are my age. Small world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dale,

    I'm glad to see you're happily back at work. We're still off until Monday, and I have to say I enjoy teaching and my time off equally. I can always find something to do.

    Mary Beth: I went to school with Gord Lightfoot's kids. Small world indeed, this little place called Canada.

    Cheers,
    AM

    word verification: spizu (hee)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dale,

    It's great that you love your job and that you are being appreciated.
    Very rare indeed.

    I might moan about the long hours, but I love my job too. If only it paid better, LOL!

    xoxoxo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dale. I posted a response here the other day, but maybe it didn't take? Hmm.

    Where are you ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My work life is bizarre to say the least. I am a student of nursing first and foremost entering my last semseter! YA HOOO! I also care for my sisters 3 year old triplets while she works 3 days a week and I am a caterer who works for the kindest man on the planet. There I work with mostly women, two gay men and two straight men and we have some conversations that could make a well seasoned sailor blush! I have learned so much! The catering job is very physical and I have the biceps to prove it. I count myself blessed that I enjoy my work as I am sure you do, we are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Sunshine.

    I'm still not too pleased about what is going on in the PTU, but right now I am not even thinking about it. I just don't even know what to think anymore. I'm just going to let teh latest words settle before I make any decisions like if I am mad or not. Make sense?

    I am not sick but I am fighting something off. So I constantly feel like I am on the brink of being sick. I am tired and wore out. I really just want to get 100% and get cranking on my life. I want to press forward.

    Get your rest. I hope you get in tip top shape very quickly.

    ReplyDelete