Saturday, January 14, 2006

LIFEHOUSE...THEN LIFE!



...to quote my comment on Pete's blog regarding his novella, "The Boy Who Heard Music"...

I just printed out the most recent chapter, and will sit down to read it before the fireplace this lovely winter morning.

This view is from the deck of The Heliplex restaurant at the ski hill. It is the headquarters for R.K. Heli Ski. The name should be explanation enough...

There is a helicopter pad right there. The heli skiing outfit takes clients on flights into the backcountry, drops them off at the top of a mountain, where they ski down through the magnificent powder and are picked up again at the bottom by the helicopter - only to do it over and over, several times, throughout the course of the day!

This photo was taken yesterday afternoon. It snowed all night, so there will be much more snow accumulated by the time we head up to the ski hill.

We will not be taking a helicopter...

By the way, the ski hill is in the background, obliterated by the falling snow...

4 comments:

  1. Excellent! Have you ever taken the helicopter? I have never been downhill skiing. Kind of afraid. Plus time and money make it something for me not to spend much time thinking about. But if I had th epassion for it I would make th etime and moeny I am sure.

    Good morning! Hope you are feeling vibrant today! I am very happy that I have virtually no time constraints today! I can do whatever I want...or whatever I don't want. : ) Happy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, winter wonderland! We've had a lot of melting here lately - not too good for the ski hills!

    A helicopter? How far do they take people up into the mountain? I'm assuming it's away from actual ski trails where it's pure, untouched snow...? Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale, I read your comment on Mariettas blog. It was great! All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale,
    What a stunning shot. The closest I get to a hill here is the Centennial Hill bunny slope near the airport. Over in ten seconds. How lucky you are to be surrounded by such scenic beauty and enjoying what it has to offer you.

    Cheers,
    AM

    ReplyDelete