Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I AM RICH BECAUSE...


I have:

Naming rights - first, middle and last!
Glimpses of God every day.
Giggles under the covers every night.
More love than I think my heart can hold.
Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds and warm cookies.
A hand to hold, usually covered with jam or chocolate.
A partner for blowing bubbles, flying kites, building sand castles and skipping down the path in the pouring rain.

Someone to laugh myself silly with, no matter what the boss said or how the stocks performed that day.

I get to:

Finger paint.
Carve pumpkins.
Play hide-and-seek.
Catch fireflies.
Believe in Santa Claus.

I have an excuse to:

Keep reading the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
Watch Saturday morning cartoons.
Go to Disney movies.
Wish on stars.

I can:

Frame rainbows, hearts, dragons and dinosaurs with refridgerator magnets.
Collect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas.

I receive:

Hand prints set in clay for Mother's Day.
Cards with backwards lettering for Father's Day.

I get to be a hero for:

Retrieving a frisbee out of a tree.
Taking the training wheels off a bike.
Removing a splinter.
Filling a wading pool.
Coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs.
Kissing boo-boos well again.

I have a front row seat to history witnessing:

First step.
First word.
First bra.
First date.
First time behind the wheel.

I get:

To be immortal by adding another branch to the family tree.
An education in psychology, nursing, criminal justice, communication and human sexuality that no university can match.
To rank directly under God in the eyes of my children.

Have the power:

To heal scrapes & sniffles.
To scare away the monsters under the bed.
To patch a broken heart.
To police a slumber party.
To ground them.

To Love My Children Forever Without Limits...


I adapted the above from an e-mail that my Mum sent to me this morning.

I am feeling better...

8 comments:

  1. It's the best, isn't it?

    And you were right with your comment on my blog post.

    Glad you are feeling better.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dale, you surely are rich. Thanx for stoppin' by my blog.

    ~Lace~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Dale. To know your good fortune is to be blessed twice, isn't it? So glad you're feeling better than yesterday.

    Cheers,
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I say:
    Never forget that! LOL

    Your mom is great to send you that email and made you feel better!
    My mom doesn't even know how to use her wireless phone HAHAHAHA :-D

    xoxoxo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed I did notice your photo change. It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUM
    I HAD TO MAKE THIS B/C I NEED TO GET AHOLE OF YOU!! PLESE READ THIS AND BRING MY GLOVES TO SCHOOL!! I FORGOT THEM!! PLESE!! thank-you
    and no iam not going to spend my time on this haha

    ReplyDelete