Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SMART KID!


My fifteen year old daughter is going snowboarding with her high school class today.
I saw her off to the school bus this morning - there she was, bent beneath the weight of her school books, snowboard, snowboard boots, helmet and goggles, but happy...

As for myself, I am at home today, still not feeling well, but I had some banking to do on the Internet.
We have dial-up, so the telephone will go directly to our voice mail when the computer is in use.
When my banking was done, I checked my blog and I noticed there was a new comment.
I checked it, and saw that it was from a blogger unknown to me, except that I did notice part of the blog name included the name of my daughter.

Well, lo and behold, it was from her!
There was an urgent message to me...
"Mum, I forgot my boarding gloves! Will you bring them into town to school for me? Pleeeeease..."

She had gained access to a computer at school, set up her own blog and, knowing that I would not receive a phone call, sent me a message on my blog!
My smart girl took the (good) chance that I would check my blog at some time - hopefully before they set off for the ski hill.

It worked!
I immediately posted a message in her comment section notifying her that I'd bring her gloves to her right away.

I met my daughter at her classroom, gave her the gloves, and praised her for her brilliance and ingenuity!

5 comments:

  1. Nuts to those people who ever said that blogging was just a waste of time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am. You did see me over at Rachel's blog. I think I have been on the computer more than I should have tonight. You're my last stop. Got stuff to do. Night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good mom, good daughter, good communication skills!

    Love,
    Brina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dale!!! Beautiful pics. I have not been round because my links are so screwy and I keep forgetting you so sorry!

    Great communication skills I agree!

    ReplyDelete