Thursday, February 09, 2006

FORTY NINE


This is a photo of me taken about six years ago at the top of the run called "Elmo".
It's hard to tell, but the run is very steep . To get a bit of perspective, that is the top of the tree and the rest of the tree is behind the pitch of the hill.

It's my birthday today and so far so good. I checked my profile and it's right on...
Thanks to everyone who wished me happiness for this day!

I have today off work, but will be working at home this morning getting caught up on the household books.
My older daughter, Beth, has no school today because it is exam week and she has already written hers.
My two younger ones are off to school and my husband has gone to work.

Later Beth and I will be heading up for an afternoon of snowboarding and skiing respectively.
Today is the last day of Chicks on Sticks - it has been so much fun, even though I missed two sessions because I was sick.
This evening is the Chicks wind-up dinner at the Lakeside Pub. They have the greatest homemade food buffet in the valley!

My husband's birthday is on Sunday - I'm the "older woman" by three days - so we will be celebrating both our birthdays on Saturday evening at a wonderful Bavarian restaurant after a day of skiing with the kids.

Here's to getting better, not older!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dale!!!!
    <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3

    I haven't visited blogs for some days now, I'm home quite late and a bit exhausted...

    So, enjoy your day today and all the best for health, happiness and lots and lots of pistes!!!!!!!

    XOXOXOXO
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale,
    I hope you've had a great birthday today! I love the "older woman" line. My sweetie is 9 years younger...let's just say we get the nudge-nudge, wink-wink comments way more often than is original.

    -AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Dale! You're birthday plans sound exquisite. Of course it's about getting better, not older. I have to tell myself that, as I approach my 30th next month - kind of a milestone, I guess, though I'm sure I won't feel any older! :)

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy beautiful fantastic day to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everyone

    Thank you for all your birthday wishes!
    I had a wonderful day!

    I went skiing in the afternoon & it was fabulous. It wasn't too cold & the sun was shining from a clear, blue sky!
    We skied in Taynton Bowl (see earlier post of mine "This is What I'm Missing").
    My kids all gave me homemade cards & some gifts.
    The highlight of my day was when my ski buddies all sang Happy Birthday to me in Taynton Bowl while we were skiing - definitely a moment to be cherished.
    The scenery in there is spectacular!!
    Later, I went for dinner to our Chicks on Sticks wind-up. They all sang HB to me there & I got a big slice of German chocolate cake surrounded by fresh fruit & homemade whipped cream - to die for!

    Thanks again!

    Love
    Dale

    ReplyDelete