Saturday, February 18, 2006

GOLD, GOLD and MORE GOLD!




Canada is doing very well at the Olympics and we are very proud of our athletes.

Not only are our Olympic athletes doing well, but here in our household we seem to be faring well on the sports front.

On Thursday, my older daughter went to her first snowboard race with her high school team.
Her team won the gold medal in the competition! My daughter has her own medal proudly displayed in her bedroom.

Last night was our third evening at the Starlight Challenge and I came in first with the lowest differential in the womens' division!
I am not a racer myself, yet I beat some pretty hot skiers!

Yippee for Gold!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dale,
    Good to know you're zipping around having a great time. I think it's fantastic how well the home team is doing in Turin.
    We postponed our trip to tubing until Tuesday- the highways in and around the tubing place are a mess and I figured an after-school trip on Tuesday will hit the spot!

    Have a great weekend!

    -AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale,
    Good to see the pride in your writing about Canadian olympians.
    And now we know what your man looks like too!
    Very good.
    You may be aware that the Dutch only do well in speed skating. The competition is so fierce that speed skater Bart Veldkamp decided to become a Belgian, just to be sure he could participate (Belgian soil is unfit for growing speed skaters), so while his contemporaries have long been retired, he still comes out happpily for his new fatherland, at age 36.
    Love, and please say hi to your husband from
    Koos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaay! Congratulations to your
    daughter,Dale! Tell your husband
    that someone thinks he looks like
    Rich 'Goose' Gossage and see what he says.I'll explain after you have asked him,lol.Go Canada in
    hockey.My U.S team is on the ropes
    so I'll route for Canada then.Hockey has always been
    my fave event in the olympics
    next to skiing and sno-boarding.
    Oh yeah,I do like speed skating
    as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dale,

    Sorry I haven't been around, it's been mad, feeling tired every night...

    Congratulations to your daughter and to you for getting the gold!
    I have been watching the Olympics with my Canadian flatmate who always shouts at the TV "Come on Canada! Come on! We are THE BEST" and stuff like that, LOL!

    Lots of kisses
    xoxoxo
    M

    ReplyDelete