Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Rush


Like most people out there, I am doing a bit of last minute running about looking for "that ideal gift for that special person"... and hoping I have enough money to do it.

We have had to tighten our belts this year, so the season will not be as extravagant as past ones.
But who says we have to have lots of things?
I really believe that spending time with family and doing the things that make us happy are what it's all about.
It's not the receiving, nor is it the giving - it's the simply being there and sharing.

I am looking forward to our holidays!
This evening Bobby and Jenny have their school Christmas concert at the town hall which we shall be attending, of course.
Tomorrow evening is George's Christmas party at the shop - always good for some (crazy) fun and laughter.
On Friday evening we are looking forward to my sister Lesley's arrival from Toronto, as she will be spending a few days with us.
On Saturday no skiing... WHAT?
We will be preparing for our annual neighbourhood cocktail party to be held during "happy hour" on Saturday evening.
On the day of Christmas Eve we WILL be going skiing...
Then the next day is the Big One for the kids - large and small!

So, if I don't get back to post another line...

I wish all my special blogging buddies a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

* Photo: Sunset over the Purcell Range - December 16, 2006.

12 comments:

  1. Ah the last minute dashing about, don't you just love it???

    I', quite happy today as in my last minute shopping trips I managed to get an entire bathroom and bed set for under 60 quid - thats sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, flannels, handtowels, guest towels, bath towels, bath and loo mats and a shower curtain!!!

    And yesterday I picked up two lovely long sleeved tops for my hubby and got them both for £12 on a special deal :) I love bargains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is all about giving for me i dont want or need anything except to see everyone i care about ok..
    looks like you have a fun few days to look forward to with family and friends..enjoy...
    love and seasons greets to you and your kin..x...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all packed and counting down the hours. Decided to work from home Friday morning and then go to the airport direct. This'll mean less hassle.

    I'll need to pack the inner fleece of my ski-jacket on my carry-on because it's so warm here!!! (it looks like April or early May outside!)

    Sorry I won't be able to bring that life-size replica of the Statue of Liberty in chocolate that Bobby asked to have for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you seemed to have gotten a bargain, Chantal.
    Where did you get them?
    ... I'll be right over.

    Gypsy, you're right - sharing is the ultimate in giving and receiving.

    Lesley, I'll let Bob down slowly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale,

    It sounds like you have wonderful plans. I also agree, the time spent with friends and family is the most important thing. I love to give, too tho; and sometimes it gets too much, but this year I too have been forced more than usual to curb myself!

    I simply suffer from the affliction of just wanting everyone I love to be happy, especially at Christmas!

    Happy holidays from my family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dale,
    I hope you have a fantastic holidays. And you're right, it's about being with the people you love, and not stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dale,
    I've also been doing a lot at the last minute. Going to the post office, which was a nightmare! Baking up some cookies and making almond roca.
    I agree that the most important thing about Christmas is spending time with family and friends, family being first, then friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dale,

    I read on Rachels side you are sick. Hope you feel better and I wish you all the best.

    Love and peace
    Stefan

    Ps: I think you ski's are waiting

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no!..i hope it gets better for christmas..have some real honey with lemon juice..in a glass filled with boiling water..let it cool this will clear the phlegm from your chest..also get some tonic to build you back up fight the infection..sending warm huddles..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel, I think that particular affliction comes with motherhood!

    Ditto, Anne-Marie!

    Chick, you'll have to send some baking my way!

    Thank you, Stefan - all the best for the Season to you and Yours.

    Thanks, too, Gypsy!
    I've been taking oil of orengano - gag/puke - and I end up smelling like spaghetti sauce... but it works.
    I will be taking the lemon/honey mixture to work with me - yes, REAL honey - I have 3 jars of different kinds.
    I think I'll choose mountain flower honey today...
    Thanks - I am wrapped in the huddles.

    :)
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dale, It sounds like you are very busy this season, lots going on. I hope that it is all loads of fun. This season is about being with loved ones. My belt had to be tightened too this year, but I sent out cards, sending love, with a picture of me and the 'girls'. enjoy, xx Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Christmas back! Your plans sound lovely, as is the pic.

    Wow, interesting study on the flu - and how most people assumed that it was due to the cold etc...but it may be due to the lack of sunlight. 5000 IUs of Vitamin D seem to help not get it at all!

    I have two things I use constantly. Grapefruitseed extract and Honey, Lemon Hot Water and Cayenne pepper...what does the oil of oregano do Dale?

    ReplyDelete