Monday, March 13, 2006

BETH ROCKS


















These two photos are of our teenaged daughter, Beth, when she competed in the British Columbia Provincial Finals Ski and Snowboard Race.
The event was held over three days at our local ski hill.

Beth's high school team came in second in the snowboard division and third overall.
There were sixteen teams from different schools across the province and the competition was tough.

One other item that added to the excitement, was that this race was being held at the same time the Canadians were racking up the medals at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy.

We were very proud when Beth came home with ribbons, prizes and several medals draped about her neck!



By the way, "Beth Rocks" is Beth's blogging name...

7 comments:

  1. Dale,
    What great pictures. Beth is amazing! I am too scared to have both feet locked up in a board. At least with skis, you can disentangle. :) Actually, I think I'll stick to sitting in a big innertube and letting nature do the work.

    Cheers,
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale
    You must have been beaming with all those medals and ribbons. I think she deserves a medal for courage as well. Like my twin I'd be far too scared to snowboard;-)or even ski in my case. I have endless admiration for all of you who can bear to scream down a mountain at that kind of speed. Brrrrr, I shudder just to think of it!

    Getting up and down my gangplank in winter is enough of a challenge for me!
    More soon
    Love
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. A future Olympian maybe? You must be very proud of her. Maybe we will see her in the 2010 winter games.

    Way to go Beth!

    Great pictures!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anne-Marie, Val & Zoe

    Thanks so much for your visiting my blog & for your valued comments.
    I love to be able to share these events from my daily life with you.

    I have yet to snowboard, because I too, do not feel comfortable with the idea of both my feet being strapped in!
    It also hurts when landing from the falls that occur during the learning curve...
    Ahhh, gravity!

    Her Dad, brother, sister & I are very proud of Beth!
    I don't have to worry about a gangplank, thank goodness!
    Believe it or not, I am terrified of heights...

    Beth does have dreams of future Olympic venues, too!

    Thanks again all.

    Love
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth - wow, what a pretty name! I've heard that name somewhere before....*LOL*

    Wow, that's great for her! She'll have some wonderful memories and hey, who doesn't like their neck adorned with loads of medals? *L* Does Beth just like competing locally, or does she have hopes for the Olympic team someday?? I bet she can get some super training in your area with the popularity of snow sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops - I posted and THEN read your answer to the Olympic question. My bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your daughter!! Wouldn't it be nice if she was skiing for a home crowd in ohhhhh 4 years?

    ReplyDelete