Monday, July 27, 2009

... and did I mention the graveyard?


Now that I am firmly ensconced in my new home, I can dig deeper and find time to download more photos.
I did mention that my new house has a lovely wrap-around deck with expansive lake and mountain views. What I neglected to indicate is that the local cemetary is directly below me on a bluff along the lake shore. It is one of the most picturesque burial grounds I have ever encountered. It's also quite interesting the number of people I see, on a daily basis, wandering among the modest headstones and markers.
Our swimming beach is just below the dirt track that climbs a side hill from the shore to the cemetery gate, and I can float on my back while looking up at some of the taller gravestones.
I assure you it's anything but morbid.
Rather, it's a lovely resting place encompassed by a quiet sense of peace.

4 comments:

  1. Ah Dale, it looks magnificent! And at least you know you aren't going to have noisy neighbours ;-) They will most definitely be a peaceful crowd below you. I'll be they are all looking at the view and thinking how lucky they are to be buried in such a beautiful place. I really am so happy for you Dale. It looks like a truly lovely place to have your home. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed. A larger lake and larger mountains than Lac Mac - that's for sure.

    L
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dale, like you said, these pics look like you took them in my area, I had no idea I had a bit of O'Canada in my backyard!
    I don't find graveyards morbid. Especially this resting place by you. What better place to spend eternity?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Val!
    I don't hear a peep from them - it's the revellers at the pub down the road I can hear every now and then... but it's not that bad at all.

    It is definitely bigger than Lake MacDonald, but similar in some ways, Lesley. And the Rockies to the east are even higher.

    And, Grace, in the big picture, we are really living in the same mountain range. You are just farther south and west along the Pacific Coast, where I am north and inland.

    xx

    ReplyDelete