Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snowed In, Sinking Temperatures and Sick Kids


It has snowed six inches - that is good!
The temperature has dropped to minus twenty-seven - not so good.
We have three sick kids - not good at all...

The weather has been very wintery and has brought us all into the spirit of the season reather early and we have our outside Christmas lights up. They look lovely against their backdrop of snow.

I had to plug my van in the other morning to help it start in the bitter cold and the snow is squeaky beneath our boots.


Beth, Bobby and Jenny are all suffering from fever, sore throats and terrible coughs and I am keeping them home from school.

It has been very busy at work, as well.

As you can see, the above photo shows many snowboarders out on the hill before the season has officially opened at Panorama.
These brave souls have spent more time boot-packing it up the slope to slide back down in a fraction of that time.

It sure is good to see all that snow... and it's puking snow as I write this!

ONLY EIGHT MORE DAYS !

5 comments:

  1. Wow – hope the kids get well soon. Tonnes of people over here are also suffering from fever, sore throats and terrible coughs. For me, that’s what led to my upper respiratory infection last month.

    We’re still waiting for winter to start. Last night it was 16 outside and so I had a BBQ on my balcony. Talk about juxtaposition BBQing with the Christmas lights all around! Warm weather is also prevalent in the Laurentians, but we may have our first sub-zero day next week! I’m anxious to wear my new long winter coat that I bought while enroute to Anne-Marie’s shower last month.

    Last night after the BBQ I was wrapping Christmas gifts, including yours and the kids, while listening to Christmas music in the background. I think I experienced a glimpse of what Ian goes thru every year in Australia.

    Hope all get better soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey EL

    It's like a winter wonderland here, but it could melt at any time... it does that here in the valley.

    We are really looking forward to your visit.
    Do you arrive on the 22nd?
    I think that is the night of George's Christmas party.
    Then we're having our annual cocktail party on Sat night with our friends and neighbours coming over.

    Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the times direct with me, but yes, I arrive on the 22nd. I leave here around 2:00 and arrive into Calgary at abour 4:00 or 4:30 where I connect onto Cranbrook. I can't remember the time I land there. I'm renting a car and driving up to your place from there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dale,
    hope your kids will be well very soon. I know it's a hard day with ill kids. I cross my fingers and hope you get a good weekend. I work a lot with my kids for school in this days. Every week are some tests, therefore I lost my free time.
    Love and peace
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dale!

    We had some temps in the low 30's a week ago and they started making snow up in the mountains. Unfortunately though, it has been in the 70's this week. I guess our skiers(sp?) will have to wait a little longer.

    Hope the kids get better soon. It is almost time to hit the slopes!(at least where you live:))
    Stay warm!

    XO
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete