Thursday, November 23, 2006

This From My Dear Friend Val

Okay, Dale, here's a saga fit for a mountain girl....
well, it's me best shot, but still not a Margie ;-)

There once was a wild one called Dale
Who rambled o’er hillside and vale
But wandering one morning
She heard a loud gnawing
And turned most incredibly pale
Cos there on the hillside up high
A bear was just chewing the thigh
Of the meat she’d left sadly
When the urge got her badly
To strip all her clothes ‘cept a tie
So then did she dig out her skis
From behind the big rocks and the screes
And with blonde hair a-flying
And her tie all untying
She flew through the snow and the trees
But when she got back to her cabin
She realised much to her chagrin
That her Georgie was there
To see her all bare
But not what had got her all quiv’ring

Why do you all insist that I ski naked?

10 comments:

  1. Thank You, Val.

    I am flattered... if not a wee bit cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's because those Europeans don't really "get" how cold it can get on Canadian ski slopes. When I was lucky enough to ski on European slopes, sometimes it was too warm to wear Canadian ski wear.

    Now I've seen people skiing with bathing suits on, but not with only their birthday suits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GULP!!!!

    I'M PUBLISHED!!!!!

    Humble thanks, dear Dale

    ...but why the naked bit,you ask?

    Well, it was your nine weird things that did it...and your love of skis...and school ties once owned by Angus Young..;-)

    I wanted to get him in to it somewhere, but couldn't quite make it fit...lol

    I quite like Lannio's suggestion, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. val did a brill job there..
    skiing with nowt on?..maybe some nice pearls..

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, I have skied in the sun in only my bathing suit...

    The trick is to NOT FALL... the snow will turn one's skin to instant hambuger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dale was a streakin
    So fast she was peakin
    perky tidbits exposed to
    On High!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how awesome!! I love that ! My butt is cold as I read, imagining skiing naked when it's 40 below. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never ever ski naked in 40 below...

    Hell, I don't even ski clothes on when it's that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello hello hello, dale we here-by charge you with fraudulent posting. after your promise to blog more and what do we get a stolen piece of poetry from val..simply wont do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i see youv'e had a visit from the fuzz..

    ReplyDelete