Monday, July 03, 2006

PINK BOATS and NEW SHADES


Last night after dinner my husband and I and two friends took our pink boat to the Lakeside Pub for a pint of Sleeman's Honey Brown.

It was a lovely evening after a scorching hot day. The new moon hung over the undulating horizon of the Purcell Mountains that define the western boundary of our valley. The lake was rippled with the reflection of the azure skies.

On our way home across the water, we stopped to drift in the dark on the currents off shore. We then stripped down to nothing and leaped into the refreshing waters of the lake to splash about like playful children.

Today I was not able to locate my sunglasses. They are on the bottom of the lake... because I had them on my head when I jumped into the water last night.

So, here is a photo of my new shades - a wee bit shiny and a wee bit funky.

To go with our fushia boat!

11 comments:

  1. Great story, Dale! Sounds like you had a fun night, and an excuse for some shopping! That's a two-in-one.

    Cheers,
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh.. Sleemans Honey Brown! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ello....ello...ello...dale and george ..i am arresting your both on suspicion of lewd behaviour...naked moonlight frolicks and having a damn right good time...i sentance you both to hard labour ..ie:...get back down to the lake and find those wicked sunglasses..it is an offence to lose such a fashion item...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, that sounds like so much fun, Dale. Summer skinny-dipping in a dark lake - how romantic! I like the shades, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shades, Dale! Very funky indeed...and skinny dipping in the moonlight..sounds like a recipe for long and pleasant.... memories. Bet you thought I was going to say something else, hey..lol. Well, it could be that too, I'm sure..;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun-ky!
    Sorry I haven't been around lately, what with the WHO palavre and the (bloody) Sale starting, I have been going crazy!

    What a lovely night you must have had! Oh, anything by the water is lovely.
    Night swim is even lovelier...
    And you got yourself new funky shades!

    Love them.

    As for the Who. I'm sure they will announce the US and Canada dates soon, so we can all make our plans.
    Come on, already! LOL

    xoxoxo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. There you go...

    Looking like Pete Townshend in those shades!

    --Dan L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dale is stylin now... nice shades!

    It sounds like a perfect evening.


    XXOO
    Zoe(the M.I.A. blogger)

    Hope all is well with you, sorry I haven't been around. Summer is such a busy time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AM - I am not a big shopper, but I love shopping for sunglasses...

    Hans - nice to know there are others out there with good taste in beer!

    Gypsy - you'd not have us arrested - I know you'd just love to be there, too...

    Angel - yes, nothing like it!

    Val - it absolutely is a recipe for... we live here, so we might as well take advantage of what our world has to offer!

    Marietta - I'm on pins & needles waiting for the dates! I am so afraid I'll not be able to make a show.

    Dan - I have never been told I look like Pete Townshend before... Keith Moon - yes!

    Zoe - it is a very busy time of year, but good to hear from you!

    Gypsy - you are welcome xx

    I do feel so cool!
    It's still wailin' hot here, though!

    ReplyDelete