Saturday, July 22, 2006

R S V P


I have always done my best to live as simply as possible.

It can be a difficult thing to do in these complicated times.

I have been fortunate enough to have discovered the ability to strip things down to the bare essentials.


This might come from the fact that I live closely with the land - without many fancy trappings.

I ache for my heart's longings and I am passionate about following my dreams...
I have never desired much in the way of material things...
I will live in the moment...
I am able to look up to the mountain peaks and take comfort in their peace...
I can also stand at the lake's edge and shout "Yes!" to the silvery glow of the moon!

I have dragged myself from bed, weary and bruised, to face yet another day and do what needs to be done for the children...

I can also dance - if not with my feet, then purely with my heart and soul - on fire!

How is it that one might become fearful and shrivel in the face of adversity and another become stronger and better for it?

I have sat with my pain and only myself for company... yet have still known in my soul that I will succeed.

But it does not happen with ease...

I understand now that I am truly Blessed.


Photo: Lake of Sacred Dancing, Colorado by Branson Reynolds Photography.

* Please read the previous post...

11 comments:

  1. Little boy blue come blow your horn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, so full of questions and an answer here and there, so well versed, it must be you, Dale, never a dull moment if someone is so intensely you.
    Much love for you, and well deserved.

    Koos

    ReplyDelete
  3. dale how poignant..those words teach us much..what ever life throws at us we must rise above it and stumble through as best we can..every stumble is an adventure every tear drop a pearl if wisdom..x..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I realised when you published the last post that it had very special meaning for you personally. This one is the answer, and how beautifully you have given those answers, like a musical response.

    You will always stay true to the inner Dale; you have that ability to cut to the core of life's essentials.

    The photo is breathtaking..thank you Dale xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Koos - I can't take life lying down!

    Gypsy - rise & stumble, how true.
    And, like tears, every cloud has a silver lining!

    Val - I love how you likened my response to being musical - what a compliment! It's a bit like a dance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, let's dance around the lake, let's dance in pools of light...

    let's dance to the music of the mountains at night...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!

    ...shades of Maria VonTrapp.

    All the more reason to dance - OMA Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...dale oma ..more like omg..im to young for this ..ive got so much to give..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dale your words ring true...I wish I had what you have...I do not have that sort of peace...yet I refuse to call myself a tortured artist...perhaps I am. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You speak of simplicity. Look at the picture you posted with it. It is so beautiful, yet it is very simple. Not complicated or bogged down with lots of details. I think it illustrates what you say perfectly.

    ReplyDelete