Friday, June 30, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !



Canada officially turns one hundred thirty-nine years old on Saturday July 1, 2006.

Our town kicks off the celebration at midnight tonight with an awe inspiring fireworks display over the lake. We could watch from the lake in our boat, but the traffic on the water becomes a bit tricky once the display is over and everyone is rushing home in the dark. We prefer to drive to one of the public beaches where we can sit on a blanket and watch the show.

Tomorrow the parade begins at 11:30, but I have to have my daughter at the start by 10:30, because she is riding in one of the vehicles that my place of business has entered. Wee Jenny will be tossing candy from the back of one of the new Ford trucks - one for you two for me...

I will be busy cleaning my van in the shop at work, but I will be able to take a break by stepping out the door onto Main Street as the floats go by. The parade ends on Kinsmen Beach at the far end of town where there will be games, food, face painting, music and vaious other displays.

We have friends coming out from the city this evening to help us join in on the festivities.

Right now, I have to finish making lunches for George and me because we still have a day's work ahead of us!

23 comments:

  1. woohoo!..have a great time at the celebrations...bet jenny will be a little princes on the float...you will have to take some pics and post them up for us..39 years old that means the country is older than us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gees!

    ...I mean one hundred and thirty-nine!

    A one hundred year typo...

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he yay! suddenly i feel young again..and you too...feel young..as in a young...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh...whats a hundred years between friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to always feel Young...

    ReplyDelete
  6. dale.. i cant believe the view from your house/lake/beach.. i wanna live in canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

    gypsy.. are you proud of me.. reverting to no caps/no punct??

    ~lace~

    ReplyDelete
  7. lace im very proud you are a worthy member of the TLAC.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fabulous Canada Day tomorrow, Dale!

    We'll surely have fireworks over the lake too.

    Cheers,
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lace - Canada is a beautiful place, especially where I live.
    The Rockies are IT for me!
    Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am almost as old as Canada!

    I deserve fireworks...no, maybe not!

    --Dan L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dale, where you live sounds like a beautiful hidden hamlet. I bet you want to keep it that way too. Enjoy the birthday celebration and by the looks of the pictures you post of where you live, she doesn't look a day over 121! Have a great time and a piece of cake for me!

    Thanks for stopping by my "new" blog!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1st of all, do you guys call it pop or soda up by you? When in Michigan we called it pop, but people in pennsylvania call it soda. I still call it pop though. Secondly, Do you guys have Canada Dry in Canada?

    I only ask cuz Ann Marie said Canada Day in her comment and when I glanced at it I thought it said Canada Dry for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have Canada Dry pop here, PTfan.

    In the eastern provinces they have Canada Dry soft drinks...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're bailing out our laundry room again - someone unplugged the sump pump...

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh no!..not more water probs call the butt plumber.....i think 139 bumps in order for canada..

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yes does the mounty always get his man?...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gypsy, we were dodging the mounties last night...

    They were out in full complement, knowing that a great fireworks display will often bring out the worst in everyone else...

    ...drinking in a public place being the item of choice by many.

    I was the designated driver, so we were in no danger of being the man gotten by the mountie...

    The fireworks were breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! sounds like its a gas..have fun with the rest of it...hope the weather holds out...

    ReplyDelete
  19. the derelicté gallery is up...come feast...

    ReplyDelete