Friday, October 21, 2005

BANGS vs FRINGE vs TIME

I call them bangs - Rachel calls them a fringe. Plural vs singular.
I like fringe much better.

I am forced to call mine BANGS right now. I cut them too short & I look pretty geeky.
I have the type of looks that need all the help they can get - short, geeky bangs are not help!
Hair grows, thank goodness...
Horses are given "bang tails" when the tail hairs are trimmed straight & evenly across the bottom in order to look neat & fashionable. No such thing as a "fringe tail".
Bangs are hard. A fringe is soft.

Oh, bloody h*ll, I cut my hair too short.

Thanks to those who posted comments on my blog! I appreciate it & it was fun reading.
I will continue working on my sketching, Mikey. I know that I do need incentive & inspiration, both of which can run low when I find myself as busy as I am now. Sometimes I just need a push from somewhere unexpected.

And the ability to create the time.

Isn't it amazing how flexible time can be?
Time can pass slowly or quickly, we can fill it up or whittle it away, we can stretch it or compress it, it can disappear or be in our face, we can use it wisely or not, we can create the time or use it as an excuse to avoid getting things done.
Next time, last time, in time, out of time, make time, lose time, on time, late...

My fringe will grow.
Just give it time.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Dale,
    Don't feel left out honey! I love reading your comments, you are a wonderful and supportive energy on my blog. As for the bangs, they always grow back, thank god. i cut mine when i was asleep once SOOO short.
    Keep blogging my love,
    Rachel.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Mrs. Wordypants. That's funny. Someone called Pete Mr. Wordypants and I thought it was th emoist hilarious thing. It wasn't you, was it?

    Wow, I came over here to comment and I see Rachel has graced your blog! Wonderful day! Hooray!

    12 years...Hmmm.

    Right now I wish I had ANY money in my pocket, be it funny money or not!
    : D

    Today I stayed in bed until 10am. Oh man. It's been over a month since I've been able to stay in bed past 7. A much needed rest! Mmm. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!

    Well check out my blog cuz when you were writing to me I put up a new post. I woudl love your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wwo. yes Dale, opening up does involve tearing down and making ourselves vulnerable. Very true. Sometimes, often times, it hurts but in the end I know it's worth it.

    My fave color too!!

    By the way, I'm not religious either, but spiritual. Religion puts things on you sometimes that doesn't belong there.

    Great day to you. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, ok, I see it now. (how you described the painting) How creative of you. No one has ever told me that before about it. Interesting indeed!

    ReplyDelete