Monday, October 17, 2005

MONDAY BLUES...PURPLES...BLACKS...

Here I sit at my computer (again - but I guess this is the only way I can make a post) musing over the past day. It has been quite the one.
I only had about 3 hours sleep on account of my teenage daughter & her friend (sleeping over) deciding to sneak out the window to party with the boys. My mother's 6th sense told me something was up, so when I checked on them only to find the window open & screen askew, I was not surprised. Hey, I was 15 once...
I almost wish I had not discovered it, because it quite cut into my sleep. But really, I'm glad I did catch them (red-handed coming back in the window). I was lying in wait. I don't want this to become a habit. The reason I had a curfew for them was because my daughter had to look after her younger brother & sister today. The bloody teacher strike is still on. In a way, I do blame the strike, because it was what influenced my choice to let them have a sleep-over.
I will leave it at that.

I spent a stressful day at work. The kids were calling with all sorts of complaints, rumours of battles & conflicts, etc. Difficult to deal with over the phone at work. Not to mention the fact that I am working more hours each day 5 days/week instead of less hours only 3 days/week. I will just have to adapt.

I am so envious of my fellow bloggers who are on Rachel's guest list for her gig tomorrow evening in London. I am happy for them, too! What an experience. I will be shouting along with them in my heart. Will have to listen to Rachel's CD all day...

We ordered Chinese food for dinner tonight. I simply did not feel like having to cook.
I did split my fair share of firewood, though. It's good exercise & nice to be in the fresh air, even though it's been raining all day & soggy outside.

Happy Birthday, Mum! We gave her a call this evening.

I will say my prayers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment