Saturday, October 22, 2005

THE LAND OF NON

Well, here goes...
As of November 1, 2005 I will no longer drink alcohol.
I don't consume much compared to the next guy, but I feel it is too much for me personally.
Therefore, along with Rachel & her fellow vice-ridden bloggers, I will be making the pilgrimmage to the LAND of NON (non-smokers & non-drinkers, that is).
Rachel & her smoking friends will have a more difficult time kicking their habit, but we all have our demons to face regardless of what our vice or habit is.
Superamanda posed the challenge & there are quite a number of us who will be taking it up. We are setting goals for ourselves & using each other as support. It just might be fun.
Today I went & bought a $130.00 pair of running shoes. That might be the most money I have ever spent on sensible footwear. (My riding boots & ski boots cost more than that, of course, but they don't count!)
My left hip has been bothering me since we arrived back from Fiji in August, so I need a good, sturdy pair of support shoes. Now I will be able to spring my way around the neighbourhood.
The plan is to begin walking then gradually work up to a walk/jog, then jog/run, etc. I will incorporate my regular set of stretches & abs excercises into my routine.
Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Well great Dale, I am proud of you. Now how can you be Mrs. Wordypants when I am Mrs. Wordy pants? Sheesh.
    : ) I'm really really proud of you. I gave up drinking for a while (3 years) even though I hardly drank at all. It was fine. People thought I was weird and they all wanted me to drink. I don't know why. It's not like I was anyones drinking buddy or anything. But it was no big deal cuz I hardly drank in the first place. Now I have a beer occasionally. I don't have it in my house though for my kids sake. I taught them well the dangers of drugs, alcohol and smokes, so if they see it, they get upset and tell me how unhealthy and dangerous it can be. I have a 10 year old girl and a 7 year old boy.

    Great Dale. I'm real proud of you for this endeaver! Serious. The price of those shoes will help you stay on track!!! If you start having a hard time dealing with it let me know and I will try to be a support for you.

    Yes, I figured out you were a girl a long time ago. Is there a story behind your name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale! Happy to have found your blog, from Rachel's. I have a bunch of family up in B.C., in Vancouver area, and I'm always thrilled to get a chance to go up to visit them. Beautiful beautiful place.

    I think of Dale Evans, cowgirl, when I think of yoU!

    Congrats on the shoe purchase. I've vowed to walk every morning for an hour, in solidarity with Rachel's non-smoking efforts. I don't smoke and almost never drink (had an alcoholic dad and that pretty much ensured I wouldn't be happy with myself if I drank).

    I'll read you regularly now. Come see me too.

    Hugs,
    Brina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just love the way you took my last comment on si's blog.
    I'm just trying to be encouraging to our " younger ' townshend brother. He really is a talented man and deserves to achieve even greater success!
    I'm so glad you lol(ed). Is this a word?
    I hope Simon enjoyed it.
    I was introducing my bestfriend to the blog-world. She knows how dear THE WHO and Pete Townshend's music is to me. So, she got caught up in the moment with me.
    We really are not flirty women (too old anyway)
    Stop by my blog, I think I'm already confusing people with my last post. Let me know what you think!
    Take Care

    P.S. This very comment sent to you, was what my post is talking about (hint)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEST OF LUCK on your trip to the Land of Non!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale,
    If you post your e-mail address on your profile, I will send you some things.
    Or..you can write it real quick on my blog and I will delete it from there after I copy it for myself.
    And..if you are afraid of spam or weird mail, you can set up an e-mail acct. specifically for blogging.
    Or, you don't have to do anything really. Just a thought.
    Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OR..Just view my profile and email me from there. Then I will be able to just reply to you! That's simple.

    Blog me to let me know if you do that so I know to check that acct., 'k?

    ReplyDelete