Friday, October 21, 2005

FEELING SORRY (for myself)

I'm feeling left out because no one comments on my blog!

I've been blogging to Rachel for some time now & in all that time there have been only 3 visitors who have left messages. Thank You!
I must appear boring or the like.

Yes, I am a Canadian, a mum, a hard worker (at home & at my place of employment) & I love animals & the outdoors (horses, dogs, guinea pigs, camping, skiing, mountain biking, etc.). Does all of that qualify me for "boredom"?

No, I have not done anything globally noteworthy.
I cannot play the guitar or the piano, nor can I sing very well. I have no acting experience, unless you consider the role of The King of Hearts in an operetta that the church choir performed when I was 13. (I did have 2 solo songs to sing). I have no great inventions, save those little ones that make life easier in my home.
No astro nor nuclear physics Nobel Peace Prize.

I am a ski instructor, a horseback riding instructor & I am teaching my 3 children the ways of the world as they grow.
I am smart.
I can sketch & am working on developing a portfolio. I LOVE to sketch - it takes me away...
I also love to write!

I would be tickled pink to receive even a small note from Rachel or Pete... Just so I know that they know I am here.
However, I will not hold my breath. My own life is too important to me than to lose it over the computer talking with artists who have very little time & everyone else wanting a piece of them!

I am comfortable in my own skin & in my own life. I have a wonderful husband & super children. I am very, very lucky!
So, please don't get me wrong. I'm not living for this blog.
But a note from someone nice would be nice...

I've said my piece. Now on to enjoy the day!
It's Friday!

7 comments:

  1. RACHEL AND PETE DO REPLY TAKE A LOOK AT OUR BLOG!HOPE ITS NOT TO COLD IN CANADA AT THE MOMENT.
    M AND G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Dale, count me in as another commenter! LOL

    Thanks for visiting my blog and telling me about your difficulties getting WHO TV. I'm going to have to invest in DSL, hope your computer upgrade is successful!

    ~Lace~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale, I would love to see some of your sketches, I'm not Pete or Rachel, but I am friends with them, if that helps at all. I really enjoy the comments you make on my blog, and will take a look round yours more regularly, maybe even give you a shout on 'In the Attic' next week. Keep blogging.
    mikey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow Canadian! It looks like 3 of us Canadians on Rachel's blog (there's another one in Toronto), although maybe I don't count since I am in the States.

    Just wanted to make you feel loved and less alone in blogworld (few people have commented on my blog either)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dale. Thanks for your kind posts on my blog. You are a asweetie!

    I used to live in the Detroit area so I say, "Eh" and I used to have a lot of "funny money" in my pockets..all that Canadian change! I never have that in my pockets anymore, living in PA.

    You got busted at work for In The Attic??!!! Aw man!!! Horrible!!!

    I don't have a computer at work so I have to watch the loops later, bits at a time.

    Blessings to you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you know, Rachel and Pete never wrote on my blog either. I did write Rachel an e-mail before and she wrote back a small sentence. I was thrilled. I was a bit bummed that Pete never posted on my blog. I posted on his blog for the first chapter, a lot of times, with different thoughts that I thought may have been comment worthy, but he didn't. I haven't posted on his blog since then because I usually dont' read his posts right when they come up. I print them and read them when I have time. When I am done reading and feel like commenting, he already has 6 gajillion comments so I don't. It's alright though. Well NOW it's alright. I was sad at first but then I realized that I wasn't posting just to get a response from Pete, I was posting cuz I thought I had something to say and he welcomed comments. Rachel's blog has been pretty interactive for me. Although Rachel hasn't blogged me, she sometimes answers my question In The Attic. Simon's blog has been very interactive. I have to be careful cuz I was starting to like him way too much! Gotta go. My kids are wanting some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel left out Dale. I think she gets so much feedback it is hard to go from blog to blog posting comments. I'd love to get a blog from Pete Townshend, but can accept that'll probably never happen. I even wrote a song for him and he never said a word.. Probably didn't like it, oh well.

    I would say though, if you do make someone a good suggestion or come up with an idea, a simple thank you is common courtesy.

    ReplyDelete