Sunday, October 30, 2005

HOPE I LIVE and LOVE BEFORE I GROW OLDER!

The credit for the title of this post goes to Johanna in Vista!

But of course, the original idea goes back to a song that was written 40 years ago by a mutual "friend"!

It is early Sunday morning.
The house is quiet.
It is still dark outside.
Orion is pulsing silently in the southern pre-dawn sky.
Everyone is asleep.
All except me, Henrietta (guinea pig), Spoons & Chicken Nugget (goldfish).
This is the best part of the day!

I have my coffee & I'm making plans for the rest of the day.

Although it is Sunday, I have much work to do.
I have to go over the remainder of the books to edit any errors the auditor made. Our business was recently audited by Revenue Canada & they have come up with strange income that they have indicated we owe income tax on. Of course they did! They want all the taxes they can get, as well as make the audit worth their while. I have found many audit errors that I can back up with a paper trail, so that will all go into my response letter to the government.
It is just so time consuming.

I will not fret. I cannot put it off. I will simply do what has to be done.

We have closed the business down. The decision was made & steps were taken before hearing from the government. That has in no way contributed to the decision.
We had been considering it for some time now.
George's first concern was his health. All that auto body dust, paint & chemicals are not good for one's system.
We came to the agreement after our holiday in Fiji. Our heads were clear & we were both on the same page about it for the first time.
In the same moment, George was accepted an excellent postition working for some friends with their construction company. He is now foreman of a jobsite & working outdoors building multi-million dollar timber-frame homes at the ski resort.
The pieces all fell together to create a perfect picture.
It is a good thing.
Similarly, I was offered more hours at work, which I accepted. I miss being able to get all the household work done & having the time for myself, but we need the extra income.
Bottom line.

We have all had to adjust, but isn't that one of the things we, as humans, do best?
Adaptation has brought us to where we are in our evolution.
Oh dear, that is about as far as I'm going to go with that one! My, how I could go on...

"The kids are alright"!
They seem to have the ability to take everything in stride. They are happy, healthy & well-adjusted. The trials for them in a day are:
What activity will I do?
Who will I play with?
What is for breakfast, lunch & supper?
Do I really have to do my chores?
etc.

I am happy that I am continuing on my journey in the Land of Non. I took a short jaunt off the path on Friday evening by having a few glasses of wine & sharing a beer with George. It was a jaunt taken quite on purpose to see what the outcome would feel like.
I learned that as far as having a drink, I can take it or leave it.
I will leave it.

I want to live for today which, of course, is all I CAN do.
This moment of this day is only here now & only here once.

I will love & live it all to the best of my ability!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dale,
    thank you for reading and commenting on my post. Yes, I have a situation that I hope resolves its self. I don't enjoy this part of working for a small company. I have plenty of compelling research to share when asked, and hopefully the fellow will have calmed down by tomorrow.

    I'm off to take a nap.. Hope everything works out for you on this audit situation. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the names of your goldfish!!!!

    Keep on with the Non. It's good you still want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dale!

    Just a brief posting to say hello and to thank-you for your posting on my original blog site. Since then I've managed to delete two whole blog sites by pressing the wrong buttons. You've got to hand it to me for my skill!
    My 3rd Blog site is now up and running and now I know which buttons 'not' to push let's hope it stays that way!
    Anyway, please come and visit me at my new site as I'm beginning to feel like a very lonely leper in there.
    Which chatboard do I know you from? pt.com, whoville or Soho? What was your user name?

    Stay bright, be happy!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the decision to close the business (and the untrue feelings of failure that can often accompany even the best reasons for doing such major changes) was not easy to come to, but I'm glad everything is falling into place!

    As for auditors .... having just dealt with a GST audit for an American company that I am now primary accountant for, I feel your pain. Luckily I was able to convince my auditor that my information was the best she was going to get. Good luck to you for similar results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale, Hello again!

    Firstly thanks for visiting my blog. I too am new at this blog stuff but I'm slowly getting the hang of it and very much enjoying it.
    As for the Who chat boards? Yes you are right. Sometimes they do get a little heated. It's usually over politics or religion. Hence... those are the two subjects I try to keep away from.
    Thanks for the tip about the spam. I have now activated what ever it is I was supposed to activate.
    You have made my day by saying that you would try my 'Elvis burgers' for supper! I just hope you enjoy them.
    Halloween here in the UK isn't as big a thing as it is in the US. Having said that, I've just spent all day cooking for my wifes 'girls night in'. No doubt I shall be sent off somewhere to have a 'boys night out'
    Adam


    PS. The Bedford gig was great! I met a lot of very nice people there...including a guy who plays guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. That audit sounds dreadful!!!

    Thanks for all of your honesty. I am very thankful for it. You are going to have to get your husband on board if you are going to be successful in NON, Sweetie. How can you stop drinking if your husband keeps pouring drinks for you? It's hard enough to fight yourself, let alone your husband too. Have you talked to him about it yet and told him how important it is for you?

    I woke up at 5:30 this morning and got my sleepy butt out of bed at 5:48. This is good for me!!! The only reason it happened is because of the time change. I am thankful for it. My kids woke up early today on their own and we were ontime for school. Did not even have to rush. Looks like the time change will work to my advantage for the new "on time" me. There's still the whole rest of the day to deal with but so far today I am still doing good. Hooray!

    I'm rooting for you!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh. I just stopped by randomly, but I am glad I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dale;

    You and I have a similar writing style and we apparently share a mutual friend. I even wrote a song about him and his counterparts. I like what you have to say and how you say it!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete