Tuesday, October 25, 2005

ROUTINE

We are working on getting back into our daily routine now that school is back in swing. It's difficult to maintain that balance when everything gets thrown out of whack. We stuck to a schedule as much as possible during the strike, but it wasn't the same.
George & I had to go to work everyday, leaving our oldest to look after her 2 younger siblings. It was tough on all. Even if we had the means & wanted to get the kids into daycare, it would have been impossible. All the daycares were at capacity because of no school.
The kids have to get used to doing homework on a regualar basis again. I'm sure they will have more of it in order to catch up on the curriculum that they all missed. We will have to help them.

Routine is important in order for me to get done all the things that need doing each day. I get up at 5:00 a.m. & begin my day. I make lunches, fold laundry, do my excercises & get the kids' school things & clothes ready. Because I am more of a morning person, I like to make the lunches at that time. I tend to fade too much in the evening no matter what time I get up. I like evenings for family time. We always have family dinner together, then get last bits of homework & reading done & maybe watch a couple of prime time shows on TV.

Today I am feeling better, but not 100%. I've got this nagging feeling that I sometimes get, as if something is not quite right. But I can fix that. I will do an attitude adjustment & enjoy my day at work. I'll have lots to do because I missed yesterday.

I am behind on lots of household books, too. I have to balance the checkbooks, open the mail, do the payables & go over the auditors papers to look for errors. George has closed down his business, so I will have to get that all in order. I wish there were more hours in the day! I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. That is more than likely what is "wrong".
The only way to combat that, is to get cracking & just do it. It's a mind-set.

So, I will say goodbye to cyberspace & get on with my routine!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dale, stop by Rachels smoking blog. She is going to quit early. You may want to tell her about you quitting early?

    I need a routine like you do. I am jkealous. I keep trying to wake up early but I can't. And if I do, I suffer for it. I gotta go.I am sick today. I will answer everything all proper perhaps tomrrow?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete