Thursday, October 20, 2005

BUSTED and RANDSOM

I caught about 30 minutes of Rachel on WhoTV yesterday during my lunch break. I then noticed a yellow sticky-note on the computer "THIS COMPUTER IS FOR WORK APPLICATIONS ONLY. NOT FOR PRIVATE USE".
Busted!
It felt like "1984's" Thought Police, although it really isn't. I have enough seniority that if I actually asked or said something it would be OK.
It was the insecure child part of me thinking that if I did really ask I'd be leaving the door open for a "no" answer. Now isn't THAT silly!

I am getting very fed up with the teacher strike. My children are being kept hostage in this situation. I realise that the teachers have a point or two, but I don't agree with blackmail tactics that unions utilise. Furthermore, it is an illegal strike, because teachers in BC have been deemed an "essential service". Striking is not permitted.
All I can say is, that once an agreement is reached, my children had better shine at school & receive an even better education than before this bloody strike!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment