Sunday, October 16, 2005

SUNDAY and FIREWOOD

I am sitting here at the computer when there is a payload of other things that I should be doing. (I just cooked up a big breakfast of Eggs Benedict, pan fries, bacon, sausage, etc.) The dishes are not completely done yet, the vacuuming has yet to be started (I have to do the window screens, too, because of the cottonwood fluff stuck in them), both bathrooms need cleaning, & there is a giant pile of firewood in the backyard that needs splitting & stacking.
I think I'll begin with finishing the dishes then tackle the stack of wood. I need a bit of exercise & some fresh air.
It's Sunday, but certainly not a day of rest for us...

The teachers are still on strike, so I believe it will be another day home for the kids. That really sucks - they should be at school getting their education!
Just my luck that I have more hours at work to deal with, as well. I hate leaving them all at home without me being there. At least Beth is old enough to deal with the 2 younger ones. She is a real life-saver! Apparently the local daycares are all booked to overflowing because of the strike. We are lucky that we don't have to depend on outside childcare.

Nothing more wild or intelligent to say on this fall Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I thought I'd just poke mi nose in and say hi!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete