Friday, October 28, 2005

PRAYERS

I don't think of myself as a particularly religious person, but I am vey spriritual.

My upbringing was during the post-war baby boom in a middle class family in a suburban neighbourhood of a relatively large city. Nothing outstanding in that.
We attended our local Protestant church. I went to Sunday School, sang in the youth choir with my younger siblings & attended all the church functions. Those are happy memories.
Many of the things I learned there I have brought with me & practiced into adulthood. Well...practiced to the best of my earthly human ability.

But, there are other learnings I have recognised in myself & I know not where they come from.
A deep-seated knowledge. Akin to a wisdom that is just with me.

I believe in God & I believe in The Messiahs - God's teachers here on earth (there are many, depending upon which religion you practice). For all I know, we are all sent here to teach someone something from God!
I am not attempting to bring up a discussion about the various religions that abound within humanity. That subject is far to distant from my own limited knowledge of the world to even broach.
My thoughts this morning are that if I have nothing left in the world, I know there is something that no one or nothing can take away.
That is my power to pray & be heard.
The entity that/who hears me, I don't know for sure. But I believe I meet God or Allah or Jesus or Jehovah or Bono or Pete or Ikapikapoo... every day.

I have much to be thankful for:

My wonderful children & husband.
My fabulous extended family.
My great friends - real & cyber.
My health & happiness, as well as that of my family.
My passions & my love for life.
My home.
My work & coworkers
My mountains.
My animals.

I, once more, will begin saying my prayers every day.
This is my prayer for the day.

2 comments:

  1. I was feeling pretty darn stressed and let down this morning. Somethings are just not going my way. But I sat down with the Bible and for a long time did not read, but just sat with my head on the open pages (as if it was a pillow) and poured my heart out to God. I feel hopeful now and have been recharged with the fighting spirit to not give up. I did eventually get to the reading part and that did help tremendously.

    Instead of staying all complainy, I switched gears and got thankful like you.

    One of the things I am thankful for is all of my new blogging buddies including you!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale,

    What an excellent post. Plenty of food for thought there. We all really do have a lot to be thankful for. Might not be completely obvious exactly what sometimes. There is always something positive that be learn from everything we go through. Everything happens for a reason, so to speak. Like I said....Excellent post. Thank you.

    Thanks for the compliment you left me. Glad you like it. It came to me when Rachel said she was quitting. Actually wrote it for her.

    Peace, love and light to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete