Friday, December 16, 2005

CREATIVE BLOGGING

Here is another photo of our tree that I took at the same time as the previous one. It is a bit crooked and it looks as though the poor little thing is about to fall over!

I had to do a bit of thinking as to how I was going to post a photo in the first place.
In the end, I borrowed the digital camera from work, brought it home, took the pictures, brought it back to work the next day, downloaded the images to the computer there, then e-mailed them back to myself on my own computer, saved them and then uploaded them to blogger.
How's that for getting creative?

Here's a little footnote to my "bare my soul" post from yesterday -
I just reread it and I hope it doesn't make me appear a raging alcoholic! LOL

It didn't get nearly that far. It was a bit of an early wakeup call for me, that's all, and I learned some interesting things from the experience.
Again, I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get out before it was too late.

Today is day three of my make-over!
So far so good...

4 comments:

  1. I understood you the first time. No worries.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale,
    (this comes from my heart)
    I lost 10 years through booze. To me...looking back, it was a great leveler between me and the great divide?. I used it to distance myself between who I was, and who I thought I should be.
    Booze made me insular,warm and compact. I was always just a glass away from feeling like the person I should somehow be. It canceled all my tomorrows because I could not face up to my todays. It stopped just about everything getting to me... when I needed...something?.
    Something, someone, somewhere?...within myself...said no more!. Some people never hear that voice, some people just ignore it, some people just carry on.
    I don't know you...but I'm so 'very' happy and so 'very' proud that you listened to yourself and heard the words that only you yourself would listen to.
    At 43, I still take a drink, but only on a weekend, and I only have a few. As for drugs? I won't even take an Aspirin for a headache
    Deep respect

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one of us carries their own cross, as my grandmother used to say. Me and my smoking and you and the drinking, someone's on a-d's and someone else on drugs, or is obssessive compulsive or, I don't know loves to sniff socks, LOL.

    You're doing great, I found it's very good to talk and get supporting words from those around you - and us bloggers!!!!

    Love and kisses,
    xoxoxo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey raging alcoholic ! ROFL ok kidding everyone!!

    Just catching up and reading all your posts now...I get so busy I can't even read my own comments sometimes. You understand I am sure!

    Great photo and I do love the tree!!

    X-Molly

    ReplyDelete