Tuesday, December 20, 2005

THE SKIER'S PRAYER


I tried to post a photo earlier today, but Blogger decided that it was not going to happen.
Maybe it's the same problem that Rachel is having. I've had no trouble so far, except if a photo is saved in "Paint", it won't upload.

I tried again and, lo and behold, there it is!
It's a photo of the base of the ski hill today.
A bit dark and threatening snow...

We are, again, hoping for more snow. We haven't had any since two weeks ago and the ski hill needs more. It is a bit sketchy at the summit and only one run from the top is open. If we don't get more snow quickly, that run will deteriorate from all the skier traffic it has to maintain.

Snow is forecast for this week, but the temperatures are supposed to rise, as well. I hope that doesn't mean that unmentionable four-letter "R" word.
Although, if it happens here in the valley, it will often fall as snow at higher altitudes. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that the temperature remains below freezing and the clouds moving in unload lots of the white stuff upon us!!

I will pray for snow...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picrures. Fingers crossed for snow.

    Thank you for reading The Journey - Day Two and for your more than kind comments.

    About the Journey. Yup, it's a "story" like Lisa said. Lets say it is "a walking contradiction partly truth and partly fiction." To quote Kristofferson. Darn I knew I spelled Kristofferson wrong on my last two comments. Gee wiz. I used a ph instead of ff. sheesh!

    Peace, love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note, Dale. I posted the link to buy tracks just a while ago, too. I just sort of remembered that sales count for an artist.

    Did you get any snow yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I am going to a ski resort (Mammoth) in california after christmas... By the way, I saw that you are from british coloumbia. I was just up there in the summer. I stayed in nanaimo on vancouver island visiting my cousins. Its a very beautiful area up there in B.C.

    ReplyDelete