Saturday, December 17, 2005

MY FAVOURITE MOUNTAIN


This is a photo of Mount Assiniboine in the Canadian Rockies. The credit for the photo goes to Russ Heinl.
Although, I do wish that I could say it was I who took the picture!!

One of the things that I found interesting, is that I can see this mountain from both of my favourite ski destinations.
It can be seen from the east at a resort in Alberta and is also viewed from an entirely different direction at the resort where ski here at home.
The two resorts are almost one hundred miles apart!

We call Mount Assiniboine "the Matterhorn of the Rockies" because of its triangular shape, similar to that of the famous mountain in the Swiss Alps. The shape is not quite as evident in this particular photo, though.
We can also catch a glimpse of the mountain on the road through the national park toward Banff. If one knows when and where to look, it shows itself briefly among some other peaks along the way.
Some day I will hike in to this wild and spectacular place!

Today we are heading up skiing after breakfast.
In order to be back down the mountain in time, we are going to leave earlier than usual and miss the apres ski with all our friends.
Once the three kids are organised and ready for the night, with supper arranged, along with entertainment in the form of two movies, my husband and I are heading to my staff Christmas Party.
It is being held at a nearby resort with natural hot springs in which to soak. It will be a welcome respite after a day on the slopes!
Then on to dinner and entertainment.
We are so looking forward to it!

I am hoping to be able to "poke my head in the door" of Molly's chat room before I leave for the evening!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely. We will miss you. I hope I catch you when you pop in.

    I am doing terrible with being late agin. But I am doing good with listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you in the chat for a while there. Idon't pay attn. to the chat all the time. Multi tasking is hard! What with the kids and the Attic, Rachels blog and the chat. Oi. It was fun.
    I read what you wrote onmy blog. Thanks Sweetie. I don't knwo what else to say. : )
    I can't wait to hear all about your party last night!

    ReplyDelete