Sunday, November 06, 2005

CHICKEN!

Firstly, I have this annoying habit of typing in the title of my post, then hitting ENTER...
Then I have to go back and edit the post in order to say what I have to say!

Once more, this is an early morning post. It is the hour when I have time for myself to have my coffee and muse without interruption.
I awoke, looked out the window and, to my surprise, was met by a glittering winter paradise.
There is a thin blanket of snow covering the landscape and the snow is still falling. It is slowly becoming light and the world is changing gradually to black and white.
Silently.

I have a recipe that I thought I would like to share.
The idea has come from fellow blogger, Adam. The guy who feels threatened by forests!...
Like Adam, I feel food is to be shared and recipes, too.
The following was a family favourite while I was growing up and I have continued the tradition with my own husband and children.
The recipe is very easy and certainly very tasty:


GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS

5 lbs. chicken wings
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic - crushed (or as many cloves you think you can handle!)

Combine brown sugar, soy sauce & garlic.
Place chicken wings in shallow pan or oven-proof dish & coat with sauce mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F for approx. 1 1/2 hours until sauce thickens basting occasionally.
The wings may be served as a main course. They go very well with any white rice.
They can also be served as an appetiser - just have handy the napkins or serviettes or whatever you call them wherever you live...
When served as an appetiser, they go very well with sliced fresh veggies and dip.

"Bonus recipe..."

GARLIC VEGGIE DIP

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed

Mix above ingredients thoroughly. Let sit in refridgerator for 1 hour.
Dip veggies & enjoy!
*NOTE: The measurings of sugar, garlic & dill may be adjusted to your own tastes.


The kids are awake and have just discovered the fresh snow!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Dale!

    I wish it was snowing here!. However, November is my favorite month here in the UK. There's something about the the nights drawing in. It gets dark early and if you are going out there always seems to be an element of excitement to it. It feels like your really going somewhere special with all those tiny lights stretching out like a patchwork quilt over the city. Forgive me.. I digress!

    Your chicken recipe sounds just the ticket for when my wife and I cuddle up on the sofa to watch the football on the TV. I have printed it off. The next time there's a big match on we shall be tucking into your great sounding chicken wings...and dip.

    Thanks for putting this up!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dale,

    Wow, snow! Must be beautiful. We had another fantastic day of sunshine and around 70 degrees today.

    Sounds yummy. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks.

    No I don't have a crush on PTfan. smile. I just think she is way cool like all the rest of my new blogger friends.

    Peace, love and light to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale, If you have 5 guitars & 2 amps in the living room already you might just as well have a drum kit to go along with them. Why not go for it?

    I live in Maryland.

    Peace, love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale, Hello again!

    I forgot to say on my original blog for the 'Tandoori Chicken' that it's best served with both rice and Naan bread. You can make Naans but it's very time consuming when you can buy them at most good Indian food stores. It might also be an idea to serve the dish along with Cucumber Raita the recipe for which I have now added to my blog.
    Enjoy!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. It snowed here the other day. Started out at Hard and very Loud Hail at 3am. Woke the WHOLE household up!! Then snow on the ground in the AM, melted by noon!

    WELCOME TO UTAH WEATHER!!!!

    You are making me so so hungry! I am going to try that chicken for lunch on Monday because I will be home for that meal. OH I think I was a cook in another life! I love it!

    Molly
    Come chat with us on Wed (if you can)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh .. have to try that recipe out! And I'm jealous of the snow ... but I wouldn't trade our weather today (warm, but not too hot, cloudless, colours are gorgeous still).

    I know Lachute! I was just south of the Ottawa Valley in the Seaway Valley. I went to high school in Alexandria and worked after university in Cornwall (which is where my parents live now). Close enough for neighbours for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just over at PTfan's and read that your getting a nose job. Wow! A nose job? Making it smaller or bigger? smile.

    PLL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dale, thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to make the chicken. It sounds foolproof, just right for me.

    Hugs,
    Brina

    P.S. Struggling with some potential heartbreak here, so I'm wide awake at 1:30 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete