Tuesday, November 22, 2005

FIFTEEN YEARS

I gave birth to my oldest child in the year nineteen ninety.
My daughter was the best thing to have ever happened to me. She was beautiful and she was definitely the apple of my eye.
She still is.

From when I first became pregnant I was forced to go it alone. My boyfriend wanted nothing to do with me nor the baby.
I will never say it was easy.
I had to respect his decision and, therefore, he mine.

My doctors had previously indicated that I would never be able to have children of my own, so when I discovered that I was with child, I was ecstatic with joy.
To me it was no less than a miracle!
I was thirty-three and well aware of the very loud ticking emanating from my biological clock.

After my little girl was born, I realised how she helped create so much more purpose to my life.

Since then, I was able to further my education, resulting in a love for the work I do.
We have settled into a wonderful community in a beautiful valley in the mountains.
Twelve years ago we met a wonderful man with whom we now share our lives.
We have been blessed with two more lovely children since.

We are now in the presence of a teenager...
Where did my lovely little girl go?
I know she is in there somewhere!

At the moment, our lives are a rollercoaster.
An undulating mix of love, worry, anger and any other emotion that can be tossed in for good measure.
I am a firm believer in Karma - or call it what you like.
Yin and Yang, what goes around comes around, payback time...

We can only trust that deep inside she has learned the lessons that we have shown her.
That she really understands that we love her and that we want her to be happy, healthy, safe and successful.
This is the proverbial "cutting of the apron strings".
We have to let her go.
But at the same time she will know there is a loving, caring, safe and comfortable place to come home to.

Much can happen in fifteen years...

It is a lifetime for our beautiful daughter.

4 comments:

  1. Birth is the closest thing in life to a miracle and you don't even have to get out of bed for it. Smile.

    My son is 16. I think I can sort of identify.

    Peace, love and light to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A member of the Mayflower Society. Cool.

    Whoopie! No nose job. Bet you are relieved.

    PLL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. Thankfully my daughter still has a few years to go before she gets to this stage, but I have been seeing that teen mentality creeping in and I don't like it. Don't take away my little girl. I don't like seein g the pain in her face.

    It's hard at that age, DO they really remember that we love them liek crazy? Sometimes it's like they don't let themselves believe it. I remember feeling the same way when I was that age.

    I'm happy that she is back home. It sounds like you and your husband handled it well.

    Speaking of your husband, did you talk to him ever about how you want to quit drinking and how important that is to you? Just wondering if he is supportive.

    So happy that things went well at the Dr's!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!

    How is work going? Which one? LOL
    My regularly scheduled part time job is getting busy and well. My other part time job that requires a lot of driving, I put my notice in. I will finish through November and then that is it. It was easy money but hard on my time, my car and my kids. My own business is starting slow but it's getting there. That is one of the reasons I quit the second job I mentioned to you. I need to put more time and energy into that.

    I'm trying not to freak about my financial situation. Soem sort of way it will work out. I just don't know what way that is yet.

    Thanks for writng!!!!
    Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dale,

    I liked what you had to say about Karma.
    I deal with my life by throwing stuff up to the universe. Whatever lands back down is done for a reason and it's the right thing to happen.
    We might not know or understand why at the time...but.
    I'm not religious but I do live by a very simple code.

    Do what you will... but harm none.

    Never take joy out of anyone else's misery or pain.

    If you can't do someone a good one then don't deal them a wrong one.

    And (which links into your karma) What goes around comes around.

    Be careful for what you wish for.


    I don't always get the above right...but I do try.


    Adam

    ReplyDelete