Saturday, November 26, 2005

PATIENCE

THIRTEEN more days until the ski hill opens.

It snowed last night.
But not nearly enough.
I checked out the webcam at the top of the Champagne Express chair lift and there doesn't appear to be much snow there.
But, what does a photo show anyway?

At the moment, I am downloading an Adobe Acrobat Reader update. Looks like it's going to take almost two hours.
Blast this slow dial-up internet system!
I swear, once we have all our back bills paid, I will be upgrading my entire computer system! That also will include converting to high-speed internet access.

I am unable to download and print Chapter Eleven of The Boy Who Heard Music until this update is complete.

So, I wait for many things...

5 comments:

  1. Hi there Dale,

    You're an avid winter sports person, it seems! Can't say the same for myself, a Finn as I am (Finns are supposed to like skiing and all) but I *am* waiting for proper winter and snow because it would at least make the dark a bit lighter.

    Thanks for stopping in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale,

    I haven't skii'd in many years, but I loved skiing soooo much.

    Like most people, I struggled alot at first. But, I overcame the fear and the physical challenges.

    I hope to one day ski again.

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale, hope you are ok, thanks for all your great words on my blog, and sharing this blog with everyone. I love snowboarding and skiing, I havent been for over a year because I had an operation last year at the crucial time, and I remember only too well, how much punishment I receive physically while boarding, amazing why I enjoy it so much. Well me and Rene are planning a ski trip this year, and have been asking advice from bloggers, on where they think, Rene's a complete novice, and I'm still really a beginner, a slightly mental beginner at that. Anyway, the days are ticking away for you, you'll be gliding down the slopes before you know it, thanks Dale, take care.
    mikey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to get Shannon skiing this year. I don't even know if we will get to do cross-country - used to love c-c and shoeshoeing at my parents (they lived right on a canal that went out to the St. Lawrence, which was great to go out on in the winter). They've moved into town now and I don't even know if they kept their gear. *sigh* I'll just have to take him to the baby mountains of North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete