Sunday, November 27, 2005

I LOVE SUNDAYS, TOO!

Only TWELVE more days...

I was just reading Rachel's blog and she was mentioning how she loves her Sundays.
It reminded me of how much I love this day, as well.

It is early on a Sunday morning right now. Everyone is still asleep and I am preparing for the day.
The snow is continuing to fall gently around us. Six inches was delivered overnight!
I have my coffee in hand. The house is still warm, although I have yet to light the fire in the woodstove. The animals are lying about, happy and content. So is my family...

Jenny had a friend sleep over, so they are bunked out on the floor of her bedroom. Oh, to be eight years old again...
Poor Beth is suffering from a bad cough and a cold.
Bobby is cosy in his bed, too.

It won't be long before the entire house is stirring and the daily activities begin.
I picture sled tracks and snowmen in the yard, hot cocoa on the stove and wet boots with snow suits drying before the fire.
I believe that pancakes and bacon are on the menu for breakfast.

George was out late last night jamming with the boys.
I see the van is not home, but George and his guitars are...
I am glad that, if he had a few beers, he had the sense to leave the vehicle and walk home. We live in a very small town, so no place is too far to walk.
I'm glad that it wasn't me packing around that big and heavy bass guitar!

The Grey Cup is scheduled to kick off at 4:00 p.m. today.
Although I am no armchair sports person, it can be a good excuse for a change in routine.
My home team is playing, so that will make it a bit more interesting for me.

The kids have all woken up and are watching a movie.
And arguing...

Here's to the day!

4 comments:

  1. You always describe your home life in such a lovely way.

    Hooray for snow!

    Hooray for your husband's good sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Alouettes!

    Actually I'd have been much happier if it were the Argos (Toronto all the way, baby!) or the TiCats (they had their summer training at Brock when I was there *meow!*), but I should go for the local team.

    Actually, not a big football fan - just like watching the tightends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catskill mountains....They are beautiful despite Hollywood's portrayal of them. BTW David Bowie and his wife bought a home up here!
    Now look who is namedropping

    Happy (ski) trails to you!

    xx

    S

    ReplyDelete