Wednesday, November 30, 2005

PANORAMA!

I can't believe it!
I am finally able to post a photo!

This is a picture of our local ski hill taken yesterday.
It shows the front side of the resort, but there is much more back country terrain over the summit. Some of the back areas are not lift-serviced, so skiers and riders have to boot pack - take off their skis or boards and hike in...
There are more serviced runs to the left and to the right around the shoulder of the mountain.

The snow has been falling here for a few days and it looks like we might have a great opening day.
The snow continued all last night and most of today. Forecasters have reported that more of the good stuff is on the way!

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Dale. Yeah another canuck here. But in a much less beautiful part of the country than you! I'm still trying to figure out just exactly where you are. As I recall if you're near Panorama resort, then you're just across the Alberta/BC border, beyond the whole Banff, Jasper area. Am I at all close?

    We had a bit of snow on the groud last friday and saturday but it warmed up sunday, monday - and rained - so it's all gone. Getting colder again. Still I'd prefer the warmer weather - as I get older I get less and less fond of the cold. And if you're going to have snow and cold, better to have it in a place like where you are - where it makes things beautiful and you can get out and enjoy it. Here it just turns to gray slush.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you are counting down! Looks fabulously fun and beautiful!

    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just re-read my post, I feel better this morning. So I hope you don't mind me taking it down.

    I'll stick with original comment. "GORGEOUS"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous. I would kill for a good snowfall (as long as I wasn't driving in it) and that pic makes me long for a nice long snowshoeing walk.

    ReplyDelete