Friday, November 25, 2005

MISSING RACHEL

TWO MORE WEEKS...

As many of you are aware, Rachel webcast her last "In The Attic" on Wednesday.
Although I was not able to watch her show on a regular basis, I enjoyed the opportunity to be involved in a small way.
What a novel idea she had!
Trust that idea to come to life from the girlfriend of the likes of Pete Townshend! That man continues to keep me in awe of his work.
I will miss the leads up to her weekly appearance, the friendly, fun and informative show itself, and the comments during and following her presentation.
This has been an amazing journey for me - the eternal Computer and Internet cynic - and it has opened my eyes to the wonders of this medium.
This has been a perfect example of the good that can be derived from global communication.
It has been a typical win/win situation...
Rachel and her guests have benefited by being put "out there" and being heard.
Pete has utilised this same technology to launch his novella.
We, as fans, readers and dedicated souls, have gained new insights and friendships throughout.
Not to mention the fact that we have benefited from the music downloads and we have the opportunity to read Pete's writing hot off the press!

To Rachel and Pete, I send my sincere love and thanks!

5 comments:

  1. It's great, isn't it? I love it and will miss it too. Terrible thing is that I pretty much missed the last two episodes. Horrible. The 9th I only was able to catch 30 minutes. The loop only lasted 24 hours. I was hoping for a longer loop like she did with some of the others. This last one, I was busy all Wednesday . I actuallly got to watch the farewell Live. What, 5 minutes. So Thursday I went visiting and was assured I could use their computer to watch the loop. When I tried it, they had dial up (I have broadband) and it wouldn't work!!!!! SO UPSET! But I have to put it all in perspective. It's alright.
    I am also a couple chapters behind on Pete's story.
    I'll catch up though.
    Happy day to you. Thanks for posting so regularly! I really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dale!

    Thanks for your comment on Christmas it inspired me to put up a new posting about how I feel about PC.
    I agree with all you said about the Attic. It's been great and we have made new friends because of it.
    Keep your eyes on my blog as I shall be putting up a recipe for Cornish Pasties soon. It's an original recipe that dates back to 1752. Nothing quite like them on a cold winters day!

    Stay bright and be happy!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that ITA has been great in so many ways!

    As for the pic on my blog ... it's me and Mary Beth (no one more Scottish-Canadian then her when we were growing up ... except for the guy from Scotland) back in '92. We had just come back from DC and stopped in Niagara Falls on our way to a Highland Games in Fergus, ON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I too miss Rachel, Mikey, Pete, Simon and the rest since The Attic is now officially done.
    It has been fun reading everyones blogs and comments.
    It truly has been an amazing journey. Hopefully, one of many!
    Thanks for coming over to my blog. It's nice to see how we all have the same interests.
    You have a great weekend also.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW....too bad it is over for now. I too enjoyed the weekly prep and hearing about her daily progresses and then BAM the show. It was pretty cool. Oh well on to my own projects now. Perhaps she will for sure do season two!

    Chat with us since you missed it on December 4th as I will host a live chat during the Basement Jam!

    I linked you so I could find you easier! You are welcome to do the same if you like :) Have a great weekend!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete